About Our Studio
What is Painting With a Twist (PWAT)? It's a fun way to spend two or three hours with old friends or making new ones. It's a fun way of forgetting your problems and immersing yourself in the moment. It's a fun way of getting in touch with your creative side - don't worry, it's in there and we'll help you find it.
PWAT is a BYOB art studio where we encourage you to bring your favorite wine or beer, funger foods and friends .... we will provide the paint, brushes, canvas, glasses and everything else you need for a fun and transformational experience. One of our talented artists will walk you through the class's artwork step by step so that at the end.....you have a truly original work of art.... one you will be proud to sign. We have almost 4,000 paintings in our exclusive catalog so there is something for every taste and temperment. What, you say you have no talent! We say, excellent, you are just our type and we will help you bring out your inner artist....no, really, that is our specialty and once you find her/him you will be hooked on PWAT (no 12 step program required, it's a healthy addiction).
Guests must be 21 or older to consume alcoholic beverages (proof of age will be required)
Children under 15 not permitted in adult classes. Public classes, except FAMILY DAYS, TEEN NIGHTS, and KIDS CAMPS, are for ages 15 and younger.
Please bring your own ice
Cups are provided
Finalist in Kid's Category MONTCO
April 28 2016
We're so excited to announce that Painting With a Twist in Montco (Skippack, Jenkintown, Royersford, Ambler) has been voted as a Finalist for Montco Happening's Best Children's Party 2016!! Thank you SO much to our Twisters throughout Montgomery County and beyond for voting for us.
PWAT is a sip 'n paint, definitely - home to ladies' nights out and bachelorette parties galore - but I think we can agree that it's our youngest Twisters that really know how to have the most fun here! Here's to another year of giving our young painters the BEST time ever, and again, thank you to everyone who voted! ...
| Read More
Top 10 reasons why men should sign up to paint!
March 22 2016
Some questions we get asked often are : "Do guys paint?", " Is it a manly thing for a guy to sign up and paint?". " Is this something my girlfriend/wife will enjoy doing, and should I do it with her?". Our answer to these questions is always a resounding YS! Here are the top 10 reasons why guys should come paint with us and why they will enjoy themselves at PWAT.
1. You can bring in Beer! You can bring wine!
2. Any activity that engages the brain is healthy. Studies show that challenging the brain in fun ways can help prevent Alzheimer's and keep the ol' noodle sharp in the later years.
3. PWAT is a great social activity. Impress your girl, get a guys night out, and avoid the "same old same old" social routines.
4. As a date experience, the cost of 2 seats and BYOB at PWAT can be the same if not cheaper than a fancy dinner for 2 with drinks. You'll spend more time here than at dinner, and you will leave with a painting in your hands!
5. Treating your significant other to a unique night out is ALWAYS a good idea. Hint Hint...we do run Couples Night.
6. Mother's Day! It's coming up soon, Fellas!
7. Family Friendly events for little sister, niece or daughter will help solidify you as the cool older brother, Uncle or Dad.
8. Did we mention that you can bring beer? Did we mention our main clientele are women?
9. Try it once and if you don't like it, at least you will have a present to give your Mom, Grandma or favorite Aunt later in the year!
10. Our artists are the best at making you look your best!...
| Read More
Did you know we are a BYOB...
March 8 2016
Our Studio is BYOB-we only serve paint and water. Please feel free to bring your favorite Wine or Beer. Please remember legal drinking age in the State of PA is 21! Adult only classes are for 18 & older....
| Read More
January 20 2016
While this winter has been pretty mild to date, it seems our luck is about to run out. We plan to keep the party going here at PWAT in Jenkintown but we will monitor the weather closely and keep everyone updated as to whether we will need to reschedule any events. We do, however, understand if anyone is concerned about driving and we will gladly issue a gift certificate good for a future class here (they never expire) but we must hear from you at least four hours before your event is due to begin to make that happen. You may call us at 267-225-2442 or e-mail to email@example.com
Hoping you can make it but be safe!
| Read More
Jenkintown Borough Love
December 4 2015
We are so grateful that Jenkintown has given us such a warm welcome and made us feel so at home in this wonderful borough. We had been trying to think of a meaningful (and, of course, artistic) way to give back to this community when we drove down Summit Ave on an early Thursday afternoon and saw a line of people entering the Jenkintown UMC Church. We did a little research and learned of the wonderful work that the Loaves and Fishes Food Cupboard does for those less fortunate in our midst and we thought we could help.
Our artists have created beautiful "mini masterpieces" which can be hung on your tree or mantle and they are yours for a donation to Loaves and Fishes (suggested donation is $5.00 but you can certainly give more).
These will hanging from our Christmas tree in the window so stop into the studio at any time to see which ones speaks to you and make a donation.
The entire amount of all donations will be donated to Loaves and Fishes...
| Read More