Painting with a Twist FAQ
What do I paint and what's the "twist"?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio! We use acrylic paints on surfaces of various materials, sizes and shapes and teach classes step by step through the specific painting selected for the session. Oh, and about that "twist" -- it can be anything! Whether it is a surprise occasion, some fun games, or the cork being twisted out the bottle of wine you brought, our twists are always fun and welcomed!
OK but what if I'm not an artist? I can't even draw a straight line.
Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success! Whether it is a canvas, pallett, wood cutout or framed screen (we have the exclusive right to teach Rebeca Flott Screen Arts) you will be surprised and pleased with what you create.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and work of art! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas or other surface, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint? [Recommended Ages]
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 6 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Family Day class.
What is an Open Studio event?
An Open Studio event is limited to 10 seats and consists of coaching by the artist at the seats. Each person painting can select the painting s/he would like to re-create and will be set up will all necessary supplies and paint colors; however, step-by-step instruction will not be given. Instead, each painter will be coached along until either the painting is complete or the event time has elapsed. In the event that a person does not complete the painting prior to the event ending or would like to make corrections to the painting, that person may sign up for the next available SOS class on the first Saturday of the following month. At SOS, the person will have 2 additional hours to complete or correct the painting, with coaching, at no additional charge.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public classes and events. View our private event policy for information relevant to those events.
- If you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation date, a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class. If a refund is desired, it will be issued minus a $5 admin/merchant services fee.
- If you notify the studio 48 hours or less from your reservation date a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less from the class start time or anytime during or after the class, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Paint Your Pet events where we have completed the presketch will be rescheduled to a future Paint Your Pet event. If the customer does not want to reschedule a refund minus $25 fee for the pre-paint will be issued.
- All notification should be done via e-mail so that it is date and time stamped, to avoid misunderstandings. Phone calls in addition to the e-mail are appreciated and help us to provide you with the best service.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you will not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. At our discretion, we may offer you a seat in a future public class in lieu of the class you have missed. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!