Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is your COVID-19 sanitation process?
Limited to 10 guests (we will offer a Virtual event of the class for those not ready to be in public yet)
- YES, you CAN still purchase Twist-at-Home Kits
- Summer Camps are still on with a 10 Kid Max AND a Virtual Class offering!
- Our artists will wear masks and gloves for set up/teaching (we suggest you wear masks too when not eating/drinking)
- 6 feet apart ??
- Your temperature WILL be taken as well as the staffs
- disposable aprons upon request, studio aprons washed after each event
- disinfecting of cups, brushes, easels, chairs, tables, restrooms, doors, light switches, floors, counters etc after each event
- Food/drink at YOUR painting table..sorry ??
- BYO Drinks, Food, Cups, Paper plates (for food), Utensils, Corkscrews etc until further notice. We will have some, but you will have to ask.
- Coffee? Ask the manager to make you a cup
- Wine and soft drinks still available for purchase on site
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on 16" x 20", 12" x 12", 10" x 30" or 24" x 36" canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. We also use acrylic on wood pallets, wood cut shapes and wine glasses. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we do carry a small selection of wine and sodas in case you forget yours! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint? [Recommended Age 6+]
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 6 and up.
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 10 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Family Day class.
Do you take walk ins? While all guests are always welcome it is highly recommended, highly encouraged and PREFERRED that you register online.
Why? For several reasons:
- We have a minimum class size needed to hold class, if it is not met you will arrive to an empty studio (insert sad face here).
- Our Divas generally require a pre sketch (as do some of our children's paintings). If you have not registered online we will not have the proper supplies or canvas ready for you and will be unable to acommodate you/your group.
- To ensure proper staffing so that everyone has an enjoyable event.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. You must call 24 hours prior to the event for a Full CREDIT to use towards ANOTHER Public Event. No Call, No Shows WILL NOT receive a credit. Credit expires 3 months (90 days) from the issue date. Calling once class has started will count as a No Show.
- In the event of low attendace the event is subject to cancellation and a credit for a future event will be given.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class canceling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!