Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our Events we use acrylic paints on 16" x 20" and other different sizes and shaped canvases, in which we teach the Event step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold Events at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join an Event, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all Events.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is NOT BYOB . Feel free to purchase your favorite beverage from our ‘Drink Station” Make sure to bring some light snacks to enjoy during the event! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the event! When the event is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some snacks.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific Events on our calendar for young artists!
- Kid's Events are intended for ages 6 and up.
- Family Day Events are intended for families. All family members are paid seats. No exceptions. Age 6 and up to paint.
- Teen & Up Events are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Evening Events are for adults. 12 and older may attend on Sunday thur Thursday if accompanied by an adult. Friday and Saturday Events are age 15 which must to be accompanied by an adult.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all Events, except if the description of the Event reads otherwise. * It is very important to read the Event descriptions*.
What is a "Set" Painting?
This is a set painting meaning it's 2 Separate Canvases put together to make one image. The left side is one canvas, and the right is on another canvas . You choose which side to paint on your canavas.
***Please indicate in the Special Request Box which side you will paint.***
What is Open Studio?
Our Open Studio Events are tons of fun!! Paint your favorite 2 hour PWAT painting during Open Studio. Each person will be painting something different, so we will NOT provide step by step instruction, like regular events. This is not for novices. Please understand you may only paint one canvas during this event, not including Paint Your Pet or Wine Glasses. You must list your painting of choice in the NOTES section at registration.
You can pick a painting from any PWAT calendar! You can only paint one of our PWAT copyrighted paintings. Options can be viewed by either browsing other Painting with a Twist locations calendars, or browsing our event photos on Facebook. You may also come in to our Palm Coast Studio to pick out your painting selection.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you need to cancel, a studio credit only will be issued for your use towards a future event in our studio only.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less prior to the event start time, no credit will be issued.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms.
- Bad Weather: Event will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of an event cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
- We reserve the right to cancel any class with 4 seats or less sold. We will send you a email 24 hrs before the pending cancellation to inform you of the low attendance, and contact you by email or phone 3 hrs before class is cancelled.