Painting with a Twist FAQ
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at email@example.com and we will be sure to give the additional details you need!
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
We are in the studio during office hours and during all scheduled class times. Feel free to send us an email anytime if you have additional questions or to check availability for the private studio!
How does PWAT work?
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Events - we post the next month's calendar on the first day of the prior month.
- Classes marked Private Event are events where groups have reserved our private studio in advance and are closed to the public.
- All classes shown on the calendar marked Public Event are open to the public with certain age restrictions. Please note that events on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays after 6 pm are for painters ages 16+. Events on Fridays and Saturdays after 6 pm are for painters ages 18+. Younger artists are welcome to come to our daytime events; however, please note that unless a painting is noted as a "Family Class" the painting is an adult-level painting. The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public class alone, with one friend, or with as many friends as you can round up - please choose one person from your group and have everyone mention you are sitting with that one person in the comments when they register (i.e. sitting with Queen Bee!) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Summary: View the calendar of classes, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- All classes have a class description with details for that class - please reference the class description for specific details regarding each class.
- NOTE: Everyone must pre-register, and have a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes (Except Family Day Classes). Please observe the recommended ages for each class, and our alcohol policy.
Here is a typical question from someone that has never painted in our classes:
"I see the paintings my friends have done, but I don't believe I can do this, can anyone really do this?" The answer is, everyone that comes to Painting with a Twist for the first time has the same thoughts about it. In fact, we suspect many of you out there want to come and paint, but are so convinced you cannot do it, you won't even come and try it once! Just ask anyone that has been here, you can do it, and you will love it!
Our Facebook Page is public, and can be viewed by everyone - please see our photo albums there to help convince you that any one can do this! Most of the people in those photos are 1st time painters!
The most important thing about coming out to Painting with a Twist isn't about the art though! It is truly about the experience! You will relax, laugh and have fun doing something completely unique - and you will be with friends and family! At the end of almost every class, the people that came in skeptical all admit they did way better than expected and had much more fun than they ever thought they would! Don't miss out, come in soon!
Guest Quotes after their 1st time painting:"A huge surprise!" "No One will believe I painted this! I don't believe I painted this!" "That was way more fun than I ever expected!" "I have already picked out my next painting!" "I can't believe it took her this long to convince me to try it, I should have done this sooner!"
Guest Quotes after several visits to PWAT: "People have asked to buy my artwork! My artwork! haha - who knew!?" "I find it so relaxing I really always look forward to coming, it is my time," "We love it because it is a perfect way to get together with each other and we get to go home with cool art!"
Other common questions:
Can I join class without a reservation?
Pre-registration is highly recommended to attend any/all classes to ensure availability. Walk ins are allowed fifteen minutes before the scheduled class time, assuming there are available seats. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online no less than 2 hours before class time or call ahead to register by phone.
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
If you have 10 or more guests, except Friday or Saturday 7-9pm class time requires 15+ guests, you can reserve the private studio. A large group is also welcome in our public classes, we seat you all together and you will have a blast! This is the perfect solution for any group unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio! If you have a large group (24 or more) we can accommodate you with ease, please call the studio for additional details on planning your event!
What about alcohol? Can I bring my own? Do you have alcohol available for purchase?
We sell wine, beer, coffee, tea, and soft drinks. Due to local laws, you are not permitted to bring in your own beverages. All guests purchasing wine or beer must be at least 21 years of age with a valid I.D.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang!
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during any/all classes, except during a Family Day class. No exceptions.
Questions about younger artists:
We love our young artists and offer specific classes with them in mind! Classes for guests under 16 are offered several times monthly on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 years - Adult. Age appropriate art will be available during these classes. We welcome artists 7-107 during Family Day, but the art selection is geared towards our youngest audience! We do allow observers to stay during Family Day classes, but request all observers stand back from the class and allow our staff to assist everyone painting.
- Evening Classes* are open for artists 16 years - Adult, except Friday and Saturday Nights which are open to 18yrs - 108yrs only! Get the sitter, it is pARTy time!
*'Special Event Evening Class' - If an evening class is noted as 10+ or Teen & Up, then our younger artists are welcome to join us for those and only those specific classes! No observers allowed during any class not marked 'Family Day'.
- Guests under 7 years old not painting, including infants, are not allowed to stay in studio during any private or public class time.
Calendar of Classes:
Our calendar is published every month on the 15th for the next month. Please view the Class Description for details and ages allowed in each class.
If you see artwork on another PWAT calendar, feel free to email your suggestions to us! Every studio uses the same art gallery to make their calendars and it is fun to look at the different paintings featured in the other studios!
Private Events/Corporate Team Events:
We love having private events and celebrations at our studio! Please email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page on our website! We can accommodate daytime events as well as off site events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
- Gift Certificates are emailed in PDF format directly to you and are valid for any new reservations.
- Gift certificates may not be used for our monthly Painting with a Purpose fundraising events.
- Our Gift Certificates do not expire, but we hope you use them before that would be an issue anyway! All Gift Certificate purchases are non-refundable.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public & private events. We understand that things come up, and will always try to be flexible, but ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you need to reschedule. We thank you for contacting the studio to let us know you won't be able to attend class so we may offer your seat to someone else.
For Credit: Please call 612-440-6740 to cancel and leave a message if you reach our voice mail if you are cancelling your reservation!
If you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation class time, a full refund will be issued upon request.
If you notify the studio 48 hours or less from your reservation class time, a studio credit will be issued for your reservation fee.
If you notify the studio 4 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued. Please let us know if you are not able to attend so we can offer your seat to someone else.
Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
Guests of a Private Event follow the studio cancellation policy if they paid for their registration directly.
- Paint Your Pet reservations will receive a studio credit only when cancelling within 7 days of the event.
Bad Weather: Class will canceled if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditons, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
Late Arrivals: In consideration of the others in class, if you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10-15 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
- We are in the HarMar Mall in Roseville. Please note we are on the north side of the mall off County Road B, directly across from the Super Target.