Painting with a Twist FAQ
Due to COVID19 our offerings and requirements are subject to change. Please see our calendar for updated public class and kit information, or contact the studio directly at email@example.com or (631)736-0017.
Painting with a Twist takes the health of our guests very seriously. We have implemented extra precautions to ensure you are truly able to let loose and enjoy your carefree escape!
In accordance to Phase 4 reopening in NY, masks must be worn in all common areas of the studio. Please practice safe social distancing with the people not in your party. We have a hand sanitizing station and several hand washing stations for use. If you are feeling under the weather, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make appropriate arrangements for you to reschedule your event.
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our typical classes we use acrylic paints on canvas or wood surfaces and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes. We also offer Twist at Home, where you can pick up a painting kit and create it from your home on your own time.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
We are NOT a BYOB. We offer wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase. There will also be light snacks available for purchase, but feel free to bring in your own snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang!
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists! We do not allow babies or toddlers in public events.
- Family Day classes are recommended for ages 6 and up.
- All Ages classes are recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 12 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 15 and older.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Family Day class when you may stay with your child. Please limit one non-painting parent/guardian per party.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 72 hours from your reservation date, a full refund will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 72 hours or less from your reservation date, you will have the option of a studio credit for the full amount paid, or a refund with a 10% cancellation fee applied.
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from your reservation date a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Painting with a Twist reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficent reservations. You will be notified within 6 hours of your reservation if a class may be canceled. If it is canceled, we will issue a full refund, store credit or move your reservation to another class of your choice.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
- For Twist at Home/Virtual event kits: Once your Take Home kit has been picked up, no refunds or credits will be issued. To cancel your order prior to pickup, a 24-hour advance notice is required to receive store credit for a future kit(s)/class. Due to the nature of packaging and creating kits, no refunds or credits can be given once the kit has been assembled.