Painting with a Twist FAQ
Do you have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 631-846-8660 and we will be sure to give you the additional details you need!
We are in the studio to assist with questions about classes and planning private events during Office Hours. Please email the studio, call/text and leave a voice message, or text PARTY (for private party information) to our studio and we will respond ASAP during these hours.
- In Studio Monday - Sunday during events: Event Listing
- Monday - Sunday: Email/Text Only Monitored 9:00am - 6:00pm
How does Selden PWAT work?
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Events. You can come to a public event alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together! Guests should state in comments when they register ONE designated name from the group (i.e. sitting with Connie Smith) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
Do I have to be 21year+ to attend an event?
- No, we have kid/family-friendly events that start at 5 years. See Age Policy on individual events.
How do I Book a Private Party?
To book a private party click here!
- Parties are either 2 hours ($45/pp) or 3 hours ($55/pp) depending on the painting. You will be able to choose from a standard 16x20 canvas, a shiplap pallet, framed 16x20 canvas, or pine wood board. Kid's Birthday Parties, ages 5-12, are $39 per person if you choose from our 1.5 hour art. If you do not want the party to end you can also rent your private studio for additional time!
- The host of the party can secure a reservation with a credit card. There will be a 5-person deposit required in order to reserve the date you want for your event. There is a 7-day cancellation policy. If less than 7 days written notice of cancellation is given your deposit is forfeited. If the minimum requirement of painters is not met for the party through attendance, the host/hostess credit card will be charged the balance to meet the minimum (less the 50% deposit charged). If we do not receive your deposit within 2 business days you will lose your date and time for your event.
Offsite paint party between the hours of 11AM-3PM within a 10 mile radius of the studio
- We have a 20-reservation minimum for an offsite event with a $125 offsite fee (this covers insurance and artist transportation) which is waived if you can guarantee 40 painters.
- We supply all paint supplies and instructions needed to paint. The host is responsible for providing tables, chairs and floor coverings (if necessary). We also require a sink for cleaning the brushes and cups after the event.
At what time should I arrive for the event?
- 5-10 minutes early is perfect! 30-mins early if you will be making a DIY Scented Soy Candle, prior to the start of painting.
Can I bring my own drinks?
- We are NOT a BYOB studio. There is beer and wine available for purchase. We also have light snacks.
Can I attend an event and not participate?
- There are no observers allowed in any classes except Family Day classes.
Can I bring my kids?
- Infants and young children not painting are not permitted during any class times.
Should I tip the instructors?
- Although tipping is not expected, our "Starving Artists" will greatly appreciate it if you tip them for their time and talent. Cash or Venmo tipping only.
Can I join a class without a reservation?
- Registration & Payment at least 30 minutes prior to arrival to the studio is required to attend any/all classes. Every guest must have a paid seat in advance of arrival to our studio to stay on premises during all classes. We do not hold seats without payment at the time the reservation is made.
- Our classes often sell out, securing your paid seat in advance is recommended. We cannot accept walk-ins at class time, or register anyone for a class at the door within 30 minutes of class.
Can I share a canvas with my friend or partner?
- One person per canvas; each guest needs their own paid seat.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- Like a concert, play or even a hair appointment you are signing up for an "event". No matter the reason, reservations have a cancellation/refund policy. Please call, text (631-846-8660) or email the studio at email@example.com to cancel a class. Private parties see your event agreement.
NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON all event reservations are NON-REFUNDABLE. We require at least a 24-hour notification (voicemail, email or text) for a reschedule request or a studio credit. NO EXCEPTIONS. PLEASE do not ask for a "Special" exception for your case the day of the event to get a credit or a transfer. NO-SHOWS WILL NOT RECEIVE A CREDIT.
Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class canceling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. An option we offer is take-home kits to purchase prior to unsafe weather conditions.
Painting with a Twist reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient reservations. You will be notified within 12 hours of your reservation if a class may be canceled. If it is canceled, we will issue a full refund, store credit or move your reservation to another class of your choice.
No refunds for Twist at Home Kits, Paint Your Pet, Virtual Kits or any specialty classes.
Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee.
Are you handicapped accessible?
The studio has handicapped parking in front of the entrance which leads to the front double doors. There are no steps in the studio even in the ADA-compliant bathroom. The table can be lowered if needed. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.