Painting with a Twist FAQ
How do I sign up?
- See Events Calendar on our home page to find a painting that fits your taste and your schedule. Click on the painting and follow instructions to reserve your seat. All reservations are required to be made online, and a credit card payment is required for all reservations.
- If you are joining friends, please indicate who you want to be seated with. You will receive a confirmation email with important information regarding your event. Please read the cancellation policy.
How much does this cost?
- 2 Hour painting events are $37-$47 per seat
- 3 Hour painting events are anywhere from $47-$67 per seat
- From our Events Calendar, click on the painting to see the price for that event
Can you save my spot until I pay at the studio instead?
- All seats must be paid for online no later than 2 hours prior to start of event. The studio needs to know you're coming so we can prepare your supplies and accommodate any seating requests.
- If you cannot pay online, please email the studio in advance and arrive at the studio 30-minutes early to pay for your seat in person. We will do our best to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee walk-in reservations.
I have no art skills! How do I know which class is easy or hard?
- Have no fear; it's Fun Art, not fine art! This is an entertainment experience where you take part in recreating a beautiful painting with step by step instructions from one of our fabulous artists in a fun, relaxed, and light-hearted environment.
- No experience or skills are required.
What should I expect?
- Weekday afternoons and week nights are more slow-paced and relaxed. These are good options if you just want to chill for a few hours and do something fun.
- Weekends are more high energy with exciting music, singing, dancing, and party atmosphere. It gets loud on the weekends, so be prepared to pARTy!
What should I bring?
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm, and some Hakuna Matata! This is where adults come to relax, paint a little, drink a little, and completely let it go!
- Bring your ID and expect to get carded even if you're well over 21 years of age!
Can I bring my own wine?
- We are a licensed #ArtBar featuring popular wine and beer selections offered at exclusive prices for our guests in our 21+ only studio room. No outside beverage of any kind is permitted into the studio, including water. We offer a selection of soft drinks, hot beverages, and bottled water for purchase. Free water cups are provided upon request.
Do you sell food or snacks?
- You are welcome to bring any food or snack. Please keep it small and portable. Also, please bring your own plates, utensils and condiments as we do not carry any food-service items.
- If you require a food table, please email the studio in advance.
What should I wear?
- There is a high possibility for paint splatters and wine spills, so wear something you won't mind getting a little messy. Please place your belongings under our preptables to protect them.
Can I come by myself or do I have to be in a group or party?
- Of course you can come by yourself! Let us know if you're just wanting some "me" time, or if you want to meet new people and mingle!
- This is also a fun and safe place to meet a new date or get together with old friends.
Can my child/infant come with me to paint? [See recommended ages below.]
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Kids classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- Family classes are intended for ages 10 and up.
- Young Adult classes are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 21 and older.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
- Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Kids/Family Event.
Do you groupon or offer discounts?
- Our priority is a great customer experience, and we will not participate in pricing gimmicks. We believe our fees are fair and a reflection of our service standards. Read our reviews on Yelp and Facebook, and you'll see why we take pride in our service fees.
- Most discount offers found online are for painting events inside a bar or a restaurant where you're expected to paint in a dark and cramped environment. Often, you can't even see or hear the instructor. Who wants that? In addition, you're usually expected to purchase high priced drinks to make up for the discount. You will end up paying more for the overall experience to cover the bar fees or food purchase requirements when you use online coupons.
- Instead, we feature a free rewards program where you earn points with each reservation and receive immediate promotions to apply toward future reservations. Click HERE to read more about our rewards program and sign up!
What is your Refund/Cancellation Policy?
- To give notice of cancellation please call or text our studio phone number (please leave a message with your name and contact number along with the event you were signed up to attend if calling after hours).
- If you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation date, a full refund will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio with 24 hours’ notice or more, from your reservation date, a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio less than 24 hours from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued. No shows will not be issued store credit or refunds.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests, and we will do our best to re-schedule the class. Please see our website or Facebook Page for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or later you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
- This is a live entertainment event. The Cancellation/Refund policy is non-negotiable. We understand that last minute emergencies and unforeseen events happen, but due to the nature of this event, the Cancellation/Refund policy will be applied without exception.
- Painting with a Twist reserves the right to cancel classes for unforeseen circumstances. Registrants will be notified at least 24 hours prior to class time and non-expiring store credits will be processed.
~Here is some additional information~
Event Pictures and Videos Disclaimer
We take a lot of pictures and videos of our painting parties for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media promotions. If you do not want to be included in such pictures, please advise a member of the staff upon arrival. If we inadvertently include you in a social media picture, please contact the studio and we will be happy to remove it upon your request.
Gift cards are available for purchase directly online or in our studio! They are a perfect gift for any occasion!
Private Events or Corporate Team Building
Please see the Party Info Tab for more information on booking a private party. Corporate Team Building; Girl's Night Out; Date Night; Bunco Group; Bachelorette Celebration; Birthday Parties; Showers; Graduations; Office Party; Bunco groups, and more! Painting with a twist is a fun, unique opportunity for any of your group party needs. Party studio available 7 days a week.
Painting with a Purpose Fundraisers
Painting with a Purpose offers the most popular and generous fundraising opportunity available in our community. Our mission is to partner with a local charitable organization with urgent needs, and raise awareness and financial assistance for their cause. In this endeavor, it is our first priority to find organizations that assist people and animals who are at risk for abuse or becoming homeless, and can benefit the most from immediate and life-altering assistance. We offer a fun activity that allows the organization's supporters to socialize and network in a social and creative environment. In order to qualify as a PWAP partner, your organization must be able to submit a portfolio including extensive financial information. Please inquire by email.
We are conveniently located off the 101 Freeway at 1867 E Thousand Oaks Blvd. in the Clear Oaks Plaza, across from the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza/City Hall, adjacent to The Gardens of the World and Maestro’s Steakhouse. Parking is free, plentiful, and directly in front of the studio!