Painting with a Twist FAQ
Q: What is Painting with a Twist?
A: Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! We use acrylic paints on a variety of surfaces and walk painters step by step through the specific painting for the class scheduled. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
Q: What are the prices for a class?
A: Two hour classes are offered for $37 and three hour classes for $47 (some surfaces are higher priced). Select Family Friendly classes offered for $27.
Q: When do you post a new monthly schedule?
A: The calendar is posted on the 15th of every month.
Q: Can I stop in anytime and paint?
A: We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Q: Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
A: Our studio has beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase. Please do not bring your own as we are not licensed as a BYOB. Feel free to bring your own snacks. Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Q: Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
A: Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang!
Q: Can my child come with me to paint?
A: We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 6 and up.
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 10 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 12 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older (15 and up with an accompanying painter).
Q: Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
A: Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Family Day class.
Q: Will my painting be dry by the end of the night?
A: Yes, if there are a few damp places we will have hair dryers which will dry them quickly.
Q: At what time should I arrive for class?
A: Ten to fifteen minutes would be plenty of lead time.
Q: Do you do reserved seating?
Q: Will you have wine openers and cups?
A: Yes, we supply wine openers and cups.
Q: Since it is around dinner, can we bring food?
A: Yes, feel free to bring in a snack.
Q: What do I wear?
A: Whatever is comfortable and you don't mind if a little paint gets on it. We will have aprons for you to wear.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: Cancellation Policy:
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation date, a full refund will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 48 hours or less from your reservation date a studio credit good for 90 days will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!