Painting with a Twist FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to provide the additional details you need!
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on various surfaces, including canvas and wood, and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
We are in the studio during office hours, Tuesday – Friday, noon till 5 p.m. and during all scheduled class times. Feel free to send us an email to email@example.com anytime or call 585-623-8979 if you have additional questions or to check availability for the private studio!
How does PWAT work?
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Events - we post the following month's calendar on the 1st of each month.
- Classes marked Private Event are events where groups have reserved our private studio in advance and are closed to the public.
- All classes shown on the calendar marked PUBLIC are open to the public (noting the age restrictions). The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public class alone, with one friend, or with as many friends as you can round up - please choose one person from your group and have everyone mention you are sitting with that one person in the comments when they register (i.e. sitting with Queen Bee!) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Summary: View the calendar of classes, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- All classes have a class description with details for that class - please reference the class description for specific details regarding each class.
- Note: Everyone must pre-register and have a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes (Except Family Day Classes). Please observe the recommended ages for each class, and our alcohol policy.
Here is a typical question from someone that has never painted in our classes:
"I see the paintings my friends have done, but I don't believe I can do this, can anyone really do this?" The answer is, everyone that comes to Painting with a Twist for the first time has the same thoughts about it. In fact, we suspect many of you out there want to come and paint, but are so convinced you cannot do it, you won't even come and try it once! Just ask anyone that has been here, you can do it, and you will love it!
Our Facebook Page is public, and can be viewed by everyone - please see our photo albums there to help convince you that anyone can do this! 80% of the people in those photos are 1st time painters! (While you’re there, please like our page).
The most important thing about coming out to Painting with a Twist isn't about the art though! It is truly about the experience! You will relax, laugh and have fun doing something completely unique - and you will be with friends and family! At the end of almost every class, the people that came in skeptical all admit they did way better than expected and had much more fun than they ever thought they would! Don't miss out, come in soon!
Guest Quotes after their 1st time painting:"A huge surprise!", "No One will believe I painted this! I don't believe I painted this!", "That was way more fun than I ever expected!", "I have already picked out my next painting!", "I can't believe it took her this long to convince me to try it, I should have done this sooner!".
Guest Quotes after several visits to PWAT: "I find it so relaxing I really look forward to coming back; it is my time", "We love it because it is a perfect way to get together with each other and we get to go home with cool art!".
Other common questions:
Can I join class without a reservation?
Pre-registration is required to attend any/all classes. Walk-ins are not guaranteed a seat and may incur a $5 walk-in fee. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online no less than 2 hours before class time or call ahead to register by phone. http://paintingwithatwist.com/greece/calendar/
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
If you have 10 or more guests, you can reserve the private studio. A large group is also welcome in our public classes, we seat you all together and you will have a blast! This is the perfect solution for any group unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio! If you have a large group (28 or more) we can accommodate you with ease, please call the studio for additional details on planning your event!
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food? Yes! This is the twist!
We have a Tavern License, but you may BYO beverage or snacks.
Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage (adult beverages limited to beer/wine, hard cider/hard lemonade type beverage) and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! We do not have any ice on premises, but you are free to bring in a small cooler with ice if you need some! No hard liquor allowed, no High Noon or other liquored based pre-mixed cocktails or seltzers - no exceptions please.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during any/all classes, except during a Family Day class. A parent or guardian does not need to paint with a registered child, but you may want to. We are not able to accommodate observers or infants in any class. No exceptions.
Questions about younger artists:
We love our young artists and offer specific classes with them in mind! Classes for guests under 16 are offered several times monthly, generally on Saturdays and Sundays - the Class Description states the recommended age allowed to attend that class!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 years - Adult, and are alcohol free classes. Age appropriate art will be available during these classes. We welcome artists 7-107 during Family Day, but the art selection is geared towards our youngest audience! We do allow observers to stay during Family Day classes, but request all observers stand back from the class and allow our staff to assist everyone painting.
- 10+ classes are intended for ages 10 years - Adult. More detailed art will be featured in this class, and it isn't intended to be a child's class as much as it is an opportunity for our younger artists to paint something a bit more challenging than the Family Day art! No observers allowed during a 10+ class, unless you are with your child who is under 18 years of age.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 years - Adult. This class will give our serious young artists a chance to paint something much more challenging than the All Ages & Family Day art! Please consider the degree of difficulty of the art when signing up a younger artist for a Teen & Up class. Some of the artwork in these classes is more challenging than others! Parents must stay with their children if they are under 18 years old. No observers allowed for those 18 and older.
- Evening Classes* are open for artists 16 years** - Adult, except Friday and Saturday Nights which are open to 18yrs - 118yrs only!
- We have our studio set up with Black Lights for a Cosmic experience. Fluorescent paints glow under a black light and are super fun for kids of all ages. We also have glow in the dark paint that is fun too!
*If an evening class is noted as 13+& Up, then our younger artists are welcome to join us for those 'Special Events' and only those specific classes! No observers allowed during any evening class.
**16 year old guests at an evening class MUST be accompanied by an adult.
Calendar of Classes:
Our calendar is published every month on the 1st for the following month. If you see artwork on another PWAT calendar, feel free to email your suggestions to us! Every studio uses the same art gallery to make their calendars and it is fun to look at the different paintings featured in the other studios!
Private Events/Corporate Team Events:
Please email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the studio at 585-623-8979 to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page on our website http://paintingwithatwist.com/greece/partyinfo/ ! We can accommodate daytime events as well as off site events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
- Gift Cards can be purchased online and emailed in PDF format directly to you and are valid for any new reservations.
- Gift Certificates may be purchased in studio.
- Gift Cards may not be used as a deposit for Private Parties.
- Our Gift Cards do not expire, but we hope you use them before that would be an issue anyway!
Store Credits/Comped Gift Certificates:
- Store Credits have a 3-month expiration from date of issue.
- Comped Gift Certificates for fundraisers generally have a 3-month expiration date from date of event.
- Store Credits and Comped Gift Certificates may not be permitted for fundraising events or specialty/discounted classes.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public & private events. Our Cancellation policies will remain the same, even when applied to Covid situations. Please make sure you have read our cancellation/refund policy and make sure you are comfortable making your reservations in accordance with our polices.
Party hosts must adhere to the Private Party Agreement. We understand that things come up, and will always try to be flexible, but ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you need to reschedule. We appreciate you for contacting the studio to let us know you won't be able to attend class so we may offer your seat to someone else.
For Credit: Please call 585-623-8979 to cancel and leave a message if you reach our voicemail if you are cancelling your reservation!
- If you notify the studio more than 48 hours (72 hours for parties of 5 or more) from your reservation class time, a refund ($5 administration fee will apply) or store credit (valid for 3 months from issue date) will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 48 - 6 hours from your reservation class time, a studio credit will be issued for your reservation fee. No store credits will be given for less than 6 hours notice of cancellation.
- No shows will forfeit their fee.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Party Agreement signed by host.
- If you cancel 14 days or more or up to 72 hours before the event, the deposit will be issued as a store credit (valid for 3 months from issue date).
- No refund issued if you cancel 72 hours or less before the scheduled event.
- Guests of a Private Event follow the studio cancellation policy if they paid for their registration directly. Please note all refunds are subject to a $5 adminstrative fee.
Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website calendar for updates in a case of questionable weather.
Late Arrivals: In consideration of the others in class, if you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and forefit your reservation. Please arrive no later than 10-15 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
- We are in the Stone Ridge Plaza, closest to the Stone Road entrance. We are next door to JF Jones Jewelers.
Should I tip the Artist?
- Although our artists are amazing, they never expect a tip, but always appreciate one.
Ask About How We Reward our Loyal Twisters with a free 2-hour class!