Painting with a Twist FAQ
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will provide the additional details you need!
*DUE TO COVID-19: Disposable aprons and gloves will be provided. All surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized before and after all classes. All employees will wear masks. Customers are not required to wear masks. Social distancing will be implemented, including smaller class sizes.
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist (PWAT) is a fun art studio for anyone aged 7-107 who is interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on 16x20", 12x12" or 24x36" canvases, and also wood art projects! Our staff of professional artists will teach the scheduled artwork to the class step by step. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success and surprise themselves with not only how much fun it is, but that their art exceeded their expectations!
We are in the studio during office hours Wednesday - Friday 6-9 pm and Saturday 12-9 pm; and during all scheduled class times. Feel free to send us an email anytime at email@example.com if you have additional questions or to check availability for the private studio and we will respond as soon as possible, at least within 24 hours!
How does Dayton PWAT Work?
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Events - we post the next month's calendar on the 1st of each month. The art shown is the painting being taught in class on that date and time.
- Classes marked Private Event are events where groups have reserved our private studio in advance and are closed to the public. You must be invited by the host/organizer to attend a Private Event.
- All classes shown on the calendar marked Public Event are open to the public (noting the age restrictions). The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public class alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together! Have everyone state in comments when they register ONE designated name from the group (i.e. sitting with Annie Artist!) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Classes are 2 hours or 3 hours long, depending on the art chosen - class times noted on calendar.
- Age Recommendations are stated in every class description. Evenings are reserved for adults, and provide time for date night and girls night out in a kid free zone! Our younger guests are welcome in daytime classes with age recommendations listed for them. These recommendations are based on the difficulty of the art for our younger painters and are a good guide to ensure each guest has fun and is successful in creating a masterpiece they love.
- We are BYO for refreshments, so you are welcome to bring light snacks and beverages to enjoy during class. No hard liquor please!
Summary: View the calendar of classes to find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
Note: Everyone must pre-register, and have a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes (Except Family Day Classes). Please observe the recommended ages for each class, and our alcohol policy.
Can I join the class without a reservation?
Pre-registration is required to attend all classes - payment is due at the time of registration. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online no less than 2 hours before class time or call ahead to register by phone.
Walk-ins at class time, or registrations for a class are not allowed at the time of class or at the door.
How much does it cost?
- 1.5 hr class: $27
- 2 hr class: $37 (16"x20" & 12"x12" Canvas & Pallet)
- 2 hr class: $40 (10"x30" Canvas)
- 2 hr class: $45 (Wood Board)
- 3 hr class: $47
- Paint Your Pet: $57
Pricing listed is per person/seat - by creating a PWAT REWARDS ACCOUNT, you can earn points for discounts off of classes!
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
If you have the minimum requirement of 8 guests, you can reserve the private studio, but a large group is also welcome in our public classes! We seat you all together and you will have a blast! This is the perfect solution for any group unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio! If you have a large group (8 or more) we can accommodate you with ease, please email the studio for additional details on planning your event!
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food? Yes! this is the twist!
Our studio is all BYOB - we only serve paint water! We have bottle openers and cups for your use.
Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage (Alcohol Policy: adult beverages limited to beer/wine or premix pouches) and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! Feel free to bring in a small cooler with ice if you need some! No hard alcohol allowed - no exceptions. Please drink responsibly.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during any/all classes, except during a 'Family Day' class. No exceptions.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We love our young artists and have specific classes on our calendar with the younger artists in mind! Please see each Class Description for the recommended age allowed to attend that class - the guide below will help clarify each class recommendation! Evening classes strictly 18+ during week & weekend nights.
Please note infants and small children are not permitted to attend class with paying adults, or remain in the studio during class times.
The art choices for guests 17 and under are geared towards our young Picasso's and feature art best suited for them to have fun and success painting - but are not limited to young painters - adults welcome to attend any of these classes too!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 years - Adult. These classes are Saturday mornings. Age appropriate art will be available during these classes. We allow observers to stay during Family Day classes, but request all observers stand back from the class and allow our staff to assist everyone painting.
- 13 & Up classes are intended for ages 13 years - Adult. These classes are Saturday and Sunday afternoons. This class will give our serious young artists a chance to paint something more challenging! No observers allowed during a 13 & Up class.
- Evening Classes* are open for artists 18 years - Adult only! Get a sitter, it is pARTy time!
*'Special Event Evening Class' - If an evening class is noted as 13 & Up, then our younger artists are welcome to join us for those and only those specific classes! No observers allowed during any class not marked 'Family Day'.
- Guests under 7 years old not painting, including infants, are not allowed to stay in studio during any private or public class time.
Calendar of classes:
Our calendar is published every month on the 1st for the next month. Please see each Class Description for details and ages allowed in each class.
If you see artwork on another PWAT calendar, feel free to email your suggestions to us! Every studio uses the same art gallery to make their calendars and it is fun to look at the different paintings featured in the other studios!
Private events/corporate team events:
Please email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page on our website! We can accommodate daytime events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
- Gift Certificates are emailed in PDF format directly to you and are valid for any new reservations.
- We also provide hard copy gift certificates in studio.
- Gift certificates may not be used for our monthly Painting with a Purpose fundraising events.
- Our Gift Certificates do not expire, but we hope you use them before that would be an issue anyway! All Gift Certificate purchases are non-refundable.
The following is our cancellation policy for both Public and Private event guests. To cancel a reservation, please call 937-331-8340. Please leave a message with class name and reservation name if you reach our voice mail!
- 24 hours or more from your reservation class time, a full refund will be issued upon request.
24 hours or less from your reservation class time, a studio credit will be issued for your reservation fee.
4 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued. Please let us know if you are not able to attend so we can offer your seat to someone else.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Guests of a Private Event are subject to our standard cancellation policy.
- Paint Your Pet reservations will receive a studio credit only when cancelling within 3 days of the event.
- Painting with a Purpose does not allow refunds or studio credit within 24 hours of event to benefit the charity being honored in the event.
Bad Weather Policy: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
Late Arrivals: We begin and end art instruction promptly on time. In consideration of the others in class, if you arrive 10 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast! Please also finish up and clean up within the 30 minutes allowed after class. If you still need some additional instruction, we offer S.O.S classes once a month for free to help you fix mistakes and feel happy with your finished product!