Why book a Painting Party?
It’s Fun Art, Not Fine Art!
Painting with a Twist is the most fun party idea in the Holmdel-Colts Neck-Middletown-Hazlet area. You get to BYOB and paint! You can bring your favorite beverages (including wine or beer) and snacks. Find out for yourself why we are the #1 Franchise in our Category by Entrepreneur Magazine and consistently in the Franchise 500 list.
No Experience Needed
No artistic skill or painting experience are needed. Our artist will guide everyone to paint the same image, so each of your guests will get to take home their own completed work of art. It’s a built-in party favor!
No Extra Costs
There are absolutely no extra costs for hosting an in-studio private party. Everyone pays the same price as our public classes, and there are no hidden party fees. The host may opt to pay for multiple attendees, or attendees may pay for themselves online through your party's unique web page.
You Get to Pick the Painting
When you host a party, you get to pick the painting from our library of over 14,000 exclusive artworks! Everyone will paint the image you select.
No Mess, No Stress
Hosting a party with us is fun for everyone, including the host! We provide an artist instructor, painting materials, aprons, basic party supplies for serving your food and drinks, including: cups, paper towels, corkscrews, bottle openers, ice buckets; and a dedicated party management web page with customizable invitations you can print or email. Our doors open 30 minutes prior to your party time, so you may set up, socialize, and open gifts. We take care of the cleanup!
Fun for All Ages & Abilities
There aren’t many activities that children, teens, adults, and senior citizens all have the same amount of fun doing together, but we’ve seen it happen over and over in our painting classes. We can host parties for ages 6 –infinity. (We apologize no babies or toddlers are permitted in our studio at any time.) Painting can also be fun and therapeutic for disabled people; even blind people can have fun painting! (Please call to confirm that we can accommodate your specific disabilities.)
Party Whenever You Want
We can usually party whenever you want to, including mornings, afternoons, and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Use our Request Party form to find out if your desired times are available.
WHAT TYPES OF PARTIES CAN YOU HOST?
If you can invent a reason to party, then we can probably host it! A paint and drink wine party is a fun company team building activity, [adult birthday party OR birthday party for adults or kids], bachelorette party idea, family reunion activity, church group activity, scout activity, graduation party, Meetup group activity idea, holiday party, divorce party, going away party, or any other occasion when you want to have a fun time with a big group of people! Your only limitation is that we cannot allow full-scale redecoration of the room, glitter, confetti, or X-rated decorations.
Company Office Holiday Parties
Give your office the chance to eat cookies, drink eggnog, and be merry while painting your own art! You can choose to paint holiday art or everyday art. Either way, you can literally "deck the halls" with everyone's painting. It's the instant cure for Office Beige Syndrome and a huge morale & team spirit booster. You can choose whether or not to bring alcohol, pick your own caterer, or do a potluck contest. Find the person in charge of planning your office holiday party and share this web page with them.
Creative Holiday Parties
Host the holiday party everyone will be talking about for weeks before AND after the party! In addition to the paint and sip fun, you could incorporate a white elephant gift exchange, cookie contest, ugly Christmas sweater contest, "naughty or nice" theme, holiday music, door prizes, or ask us in advance what holiday games or trivia we could play. You could BYOB eggnog, warm apple cider or hot mulled wine and party platters. The party host also gets to choose whether everyone paints holiday art or everyday art, so everyone leaves with a gift!
The Best Team Building Activity at Holdmel, Colts Neck, Middletown, Hazlet and the New Jersey Bayshore
In addition to all of the above benefits, we can work with you to incorporate team building activities that foster the qualities you need to build, such as creative thinking, trust, collaboration, or confidence. To see what your team building event could be like, watch our title="Team Building at PWAT" href="https://youtu.be/8-Rw-0KBlbU">team building video and share it with your team leader.
Kids’ Birthday Party Idea
Kids love painting at our birthday parties, and parents love not having to clean it up! Painting parties for kids can be booked for weekday aternoons and evenings, except Friday evenings, as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings and afternoons. The minimum age to attend is 5. For kids 11 and under, paintings are limited to our easier, 1.5-hour kids paintings, for which the cost is reduced to $30 per person. If you prefer to choose a painting from our full art library, then our regular adult prices will apply. All kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. OR Parents may drop off their children and pick them up at the end of the party, so long as at least one parent is present at all times.
Kids’ Party Choices
We can help you host a creative party for your child's birthday, scout troop, sports team, church group, or class. Kids love painting here, and parents love not having to clean it up! In addition to the usual painting and party supplies we provide for every party (listed above), we offer special packages for kids' parties…
1. Picasso Package
Includes: Choose any easy 1.5-hour painting from our kids art library + extra 30 minutes of party time for cake, gifts, and socializing + $5. comp certificate for each painter, to save on any future public event. Available for ages 5–11 on [Saturdays through Thursdays before 8:00 p.m.] Cost: $30 per painter. Minimum of 10 painters. With 15 or more painters the birthday person paints FREE!
2. Michelangelo Package
Includes: Picasso Package + choose any 2-hour painting from our full art library. Available for ages 10 to 18, anytime we have an opening. Cost: $35 per painter. Minimum of 10 painters. With 15 or more painters, the birthday person paints FREE!
3. Rembrandt Package
Includes: Michelangelo Package + choose any 3-hour painting from our full art library. Available for ages 13 and up [anytime we have an opening]. Cost: $45 per painter. Minimum of 10 painters. With 15 or more painters, the birthday person paints FREE!
Want More Info? Text us: sms: 7322262665
Adult & Kid Party Options
$5 per seat additional. Add 2 slices of plain pizza per painter. Pizza is fresh from the ovens at Villa Restaurant, next door. We will order it and bring it in hot while your party is in progress, as a convenience to you.
Ice Cream Add-on
Priced according to selection. Add individual ice creams, ice cream cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches or ice cream cakes to your party. Cold Stone Blimpie has partnered with us to provide you will custome options that allow for delivery of your ice cream treat at the time your select. We'll handle the order for you, making this an easy, memorable add-on. Sherbet available for a non-dairy option.
Blacklight/Neon Paint Add-on
$5 per seat additional. Take your party to a whole 'nother level! Finish the paintings under UVA blacklights & make them glow with a final top-coat of neon paint. We'll show you how! See all of the wide smiles that appear when the lights go out, the UVA lights go on and the neon paints are glowing. This is so much FUN! This option adds an additional 1/2 hour to the party duration to ensure the acrylic paint dries first and to allow time for top-coating with neon flourescent paint. Max seating is 20 at this time.
Safety Rules: All kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. OR Parents may drop off their children and pick them up at the end of the party, so long as at least one parent is present at all times.
Painting with a Twist "To-Go" Package
We bring the party to your home, office, restaurant, bar, park, conference, or other venue! We can customize the activities to fit your needs.
- Minimum of 25 seats. The host is responsible for ensuring at least 25 seats are filled and/or making payment for a minimum of 25 seats, regardless of attendance lower than 25.
- A flat On-Location Fee will be added to our usual per-person painting prices to cover labor, time and mileage required to load, unload and transport materials at the studio and at the destination.
- To-Go Package details vary from what is written elsewhere on this page, so please call us at 732-226-2665 for details, site requirements, and a custom price quote.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PARTY
1. Check your party size: We can host parties from 10–48 people, in studio. We have two party rooms, where the maximum capacity in the Main Studio is 48 people and the Party Studio max is 18 people. All private parties have a 10-person minimum cost. If the minimum number of people do not pay or show up, then the party host is responsible for paying the difference to meet the minimum party cost.
- If you aren't sure if you can meet the minimum number of people, then we recommend inviting your group to join any public class on our Calendar. The massive benefits of this are described in the next point…
- Parties of any size can opt for our VIP table and leave their class open to the public, in which case you are not required to meet a minimum, pay a deposit, or sign a party contract. Plus:
- If the host’s painting choice sells out a public class, then the host will receive a gift certificate for a free class!
- We can seat your group together if everyone puts the host’s name in their online reservation form.
- The more, the merrier! Parties are usually more fun when there are more people in the room, even if you don't personally know everyone.
2. Request a date and time: Private parties may be scheduled during mornings, afternoons, or evenings on any day of the week up to 6 months in advance. To see if your date and time is available, please complete our online Request Party form.
3. Pay the deposit and sign our party contract: A nonrefundable deposit and signed party contract are required to reserve your party time. The deposit amount is equivalent to the cost of 3 people’s seats and is based on the price of the painting you select: 2-hour paintings are $39 per person, 3-hour paintings are $49 per person, and a few specialty paintings cost other amounts that will be quoted upon request. Your nonrefundable deposit will be credited towards your party minimum to pay for 3 people’s seats.
4. Pick your painting: After we receive your deposit and contract, we will email you a party management web link to pick your painting from our exclusive library.
5. Invite guests: From your party management page, you can customize invitations for print or email. Please tell guests to arrive 15–30 minutes before your scheduled party time to get set up, pour drinks, and socialize. It is their "Happy Half Hour" before the painting starts.
Book Now or Inquire at 732-226-2665 (Call or Text)
Terms & Conditions
- All party deposits are non-refundable, which means once you pay your deposit, there are NO scenarios in which it will be refunded.
- 14 days before your scheduled party time is the cutoff for what happens if you decide to keep your party private, cancel it, or turn it into a public class.
- If at any time you realize you may not meet your minimum attendance, you may request to turn your private party into a public class. The sooner you go public, the better your chances are of not having to pay a minimum party fee:
- If you request to go public at least 14 days prior to your scheduled party time, then your minimum party cost will be completely waived.
- If you request to go public within 13 or less days prior to your scheduled party time, then your minimum is still in effect, but the public's attendance will count towards reducing your minimum party fee.
- If you cancel within 13 or less days prior to your scheduled party time, then your deposit will be forfeited and you will be charged a cancellation fee in the amount necessary to make up the balance of your minimum party fee.
- For example: If your party minimum was 10 people multiplied by a $39 painting, then you had a $390 minimum party cost. From that $350, subtract your deposit amount to get your cancellation fee amount. (If other people paid for reservations through your party web page, they will be refunded.)
- If you cancel at least 14 days prior to your scheduled party time, then you only forfeit your deposit amount, but we will issue store credit in the amount of the deposit so that you will not have lost the value.
Please see our FAQ page for more information.
We are an independently owned and operated local business, so when you party with us, you help support the NJ Bayshore's economy!