Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on 16x20 canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
Can I stop by anytime to paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Where are we located and what about parking downtown?
We are located in Downtown Knoxville on the 100 Block of South Gay Street. We are just a few doors down from Cru and Knox Mason Restaurants, and right across the street from Sterchi Lofts. Please arrive early for parking. There is free parking in the lot across from Sweet Peas BBQ Monday - Friday after 6:00 pm and free allay on weekends. Select metered spots on the 100 Block are also free on Sundays. Parking rates are known to change do please verify your own parking accordingly.
What time should I arrive?
Please arrive 15-20 minutes *before* the scheduled class time.
What is your late policy?
*NEW POLICY* If you arrive more than 5 minutes after the class has started, you may not be allowed to paint and you will forfeit the registration fee. Please be respectful of the other guests and our artists by being ready to paint at the scheduled class time.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYOB - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! Please bring your ID if you bring alcoholic beverages to the adult classes.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 14 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older.
- Infants are not permitted in BYOB classes, no exceptions.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Family Day class where young painters may have a parent attend.
Grab 6 classes:
Grab 6 classes are a courtesy for our guests! Get 6 paid friends together for a class and YOU get to pick the painting we teach that day. If for some reason you are unable to secure the 6 seats, you can pay the difference or switch your reservations to another class.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- All purchases are NON- REFUNDABLE.
- However, if you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation date, a *store credit* will be issued upon request.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class canceling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- ***NEW POLICY*** Late Arrivals: If you arrive more than 5 minutes late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee.