Painting with a Twist FAQ
TEXT US ANYTIME with questions @ 610-565-9100!
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a great place to have fun with your friends, or meet new friends; relax or just let your hair down and be you; or simply discover your inner artist. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or beverage, and paint along with our artist to create your own work of art that you will take home at the end of the evening.
We provide all painting supplies and artist instructions. No art experience is needed. Simply be ready to have a Twisted good time!
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on 16x20 canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
***ADVANCED RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GUARANTEE YOUR SEAT.*** We recommend reserving for an event as soon as you are sure you are coming. Events that don't have any advanced reservations will be cancelled or the painting changed. Alternatively, many events sell out and you may not get a seat if you wait until the last minute to reserve.
What safety precautions are in place in the studio to protect against covid-19?
We are following closely the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines from state and local health authorities. We’ve implemented new measures to keep everyone safe, such as:
- Increasing cleaning to sanitize all high-touch surfaces between every event.
- Requiring guests/team members to wear face masks when recommended by the CDC.
- Adhering to current social distancing rules (i.e., lower class sizes and seating guests further apart).
- Offering disposable aprons for guests.
*NOTE: We are constantly monitoring for new developments and will continue to evolve with changing guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our local public health officials.
Are there Take Home Painting Kits available for pickup?
Yes! Our Media, PA studio is now taking orders for Contactless Curbside Pickup of Take Home Painting Kits! Each kit includes: selected surface (canvas or wood), paints, brushes, paper paint pallete plate, disposable water cup, table paper to protect the surface you are painting on, and written instructions! (Some kits include prerecorded video instructions.)
Getting your kit is easy!
- Go to our Gallery Page to decide which painting you want to paint at home. https://www.paintingwithatwist.com/studio/media-pa/gallery/
- Once you decide which painting, scroll to the top of that page and click on Events.
- We are continuously adding additional pickup dates/times. Select the Take Home Event on the date/time that matches your schedule.
- Pick your surface and number of kits and reserve your orders. During the reservation, state the painting name in the Special Request section.
- Pull up outside the studio DURING the date/time slot you reserved for. (Your email purchase confirmation will have that timeframe as the event time.)
- Text us @ 610-565-9100 when you get here and we will bring your kit right out to your car/trunk. No need to get out of your vehicle. Media Borough is reserving parking/pull-up spots at each corner throughout the borough. Pull right up in front of our studio!
We will be wearing a mask when bringing your kit to your car.
Are virtual painting events available?
Yes! We are now offering LIVE public and private virtual paint parties via zoom! For a private event, please text (610-565-9100) or email us for info.
These virtual events would also make a great Team Event to break up the monotony for your work from home team!
Is the Media studio handicap and wheelchair accessible?
Yes! Our front door is a flat threshold right from the sidewalk (no steps)! Our bathrooms have handicap stalls. We have had many guests attend in wheelchairs without any issues. Please let us know, in advance, so we can assure your seating placement is the best one for you.
How long are classes/events?
We have 2 hour classes/events and 3 hour classes/events.
Can I come alone?
YES! Painting with a Twist is very stress relieving and a great way to allow your creativity to flourish! Many of our guests come solo to a public event to enjoy a night of ME time!
What time can we arrive?
Doors open 30 minutes in advance of the painting start time. If you arrive earlier than that, you may have to wait to get into the room.
For ALL parties, private AND public, PLEASE ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10-15 MINUTES AHEAD OF THE SCHEDULED START TIME. This will ensure everyone is in their seat and ready to paint on time!
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes, otherwise you may not get a seat.
What are the options for Team Building Events?
TEAM BUILDING EVENTS!
Our Team Building Program is a fun, energetic, and creative way to build team bonds!
We offer TWO options for Team Building;
1/ Traditional PWAT event where everyone paints the same painting and each guest brings their painting home.
2/ Multi-Canvas Mural Team Building where your team creates a multi-canvas mural together and you hang the mural at your facility.
TEXT us with questions @ 610-565-9100 or Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on Team Building! Pricing STARTS @ $35 per person for Team Events.
Can I pay with a check?
We do not accept payment by check. We do accept cash or major credit cards (VISA/MC/DISCOVER/AMEX) for all reservations, in studio. Online payments must be paid with a credit card and/or gift certificate.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverages and some light snacks/appetizers to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! We provide plastic cups, paper plates, napkins, corkscrews, bottle openers, and an ice bucket and cooler. (Ice is NOT provided. Utensils are NOT provided.) We ALSO have a purified water cooler so you will have an unending supply of purified water (HOT and COLD).
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments. We provide paper plates, cups, and napkins, wine and bottle openers, and an ice bucket (Ice is NOT provided. Utensils are NOT provided.) We also have a purified water cooler for an unending supply of purified water (hot and cold).
I have problems sitting on a stool. Are there any alternate chairs to sit on?
At PWAT-Media, every one of our stools has a back to it, which makes sitting on a stool much more comfortable. If you are still concerned that you will be too uncomfortable sitting on a stool with a back, please make a comment in your reservation (or by calling the studio) letting us know and we will provide a cushioned folding chair for you to sit on. It is important to let us know this, in advance.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Public Evening classes are for Adults ONLY. Ages 15-18 permitted in the studio with an adult. Must be 21 to consume alcoholic beverages.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during All Ages classes. Adult supervision is required for painters under 15 but the adult does not have to pay to paint unless they want to (during All Ages classes).
PLEASE NOTE: Photos are taken during events and posted to our social media page and promos. Please feel free to let us know if you do not want to be included in the photos.
PWAT-MEDIA NEVER posts photos with young children in them. All kids' event photos are emailed directly to the attendees and never posted to social media.
Where can we park?
We have FREE PARKING in the parking lot attached to the BACK OF OUR STUDIO EVERY WEEKNIGHT AND ALL WEEKEND LONG!** Also, the street meters are FREE weekdays AFTER 4pm and FREE ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday. (Please note: Wednesdays, throughout the summer, State St. is closed to traffic and parking for Dining Under the Stars. This does NOT impact our parking OR getting to our parking lot.)
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- The 2 seat reservation/deposit is non-refundable on all private parties.
- There is a 14 day cancellation policy for all PRIVATE PARTIES. The host's credit card may be charged a $150 cancellation fee if less than 14 days’ notice of event cancellation is given.
- If the minimum requirement is not met for the party through attendance, the host/hostess is responsible to pay for the balance of seats to meet the minimum.
For Regular Public Classes:
- You must give at least 24 hours notice (FOR PUBLIC CLASSES) to receive STORE CREDIT ONLY.
- No calls / No shows will NOT be issued store credit or refunds.
- Groups of 6 or more cancelling in one class must give at least 5 days notice to receive store credit.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the email correspondence/response when booking. See Party Info page for more details.
- Bad Weather: Although rare, class could cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled event time to prevent disruption to the class.
Independently owned, operated, and proud to be in Media, PA!