Painting with a Twist FAQ
For your safety and the safety of others:
- Mask are no longer required. Please do not come to the studio if you are not feeling well or have any symptoms.
- Outside drinks (including water) are not permitted to be brought into the studio, however you may bring outside snacks or food.
- All surfaces are sanitized after every class.
How do I sign up?
- See Events Calendar on our home page to find a painting that fits your taste and your schedule. Click on the painting and follow instructions to reserve your seat. Payment is required to reserve your seat and you can sign up online, over the phone, or in studio up to 30 mintutes prior to the start of the class. If you are joining friends, please indicate whom you want to be seated with. You will receive a confirmation email with important information regarding your event. Please read the cancellation policy.
Can you save my spot until I pay at the studio instead?
- All seats must be paid for no later than 30 minutes prior to start of event. The studio needs to know you're coming so we can prepare your seat, supplies, and any seating requests. If you cannot pay online, please be at the studio 30-minutes early to pay for your seat. We will do our best, but cannot always guarantee walk-in reservations.
How much does a class cost?
- 2 Hour painting events are anywhere from $37 - $49
- 3 Hour painting events are anywhere from $47 - $59
- Click on the painting of your choice to see the price per person
Is there an age limit?
- Yes, no one under the age of 21 is permitted in the studio.
Do you ever have children's events in the studio? Can kids attend with an adult?
- Due to the sale of beer and wine in the studio, no persons under the age of 21 are permitted in the studio at any time. There are no exceptions to this. Twist at Home kit for kids are available here: Twist at Home Kits
If the alcohol is locked up, can you have people under 21 in the studio? What about for a private party?
- No, no one under the age of 21 is permitted in the studio. There are no exceptions to this even for a private party.
I can't even draw a straight line! How do I know which class is easy or hard?
- Have no fear...we are fun art, not fine art! Every class is geared towards beginning painters and our team of awesome artists will help you recreate a beautiful painting with step-by-step instructions in a happy, fun place.
- No experience or skills are required.
What should I expect?
- A fun time! Every class has a different personality and we can never predict how loud or quiet the experience will be. Whether a crowded weekend class with lots of parties or a smaller weekday paint session, you are sure to have a great time. This is where adults come to uncork the fun!
What should I bring?
- Bring your ID to prove you're over 21 years of age. Expect to get carded even if you're well over 21 years of age! If we cannot verify your age, you will be turned away.
- If you're worried about getting paint on your fancy clothes or designer purse, please leave them at home so you don't have to worry about it. It's best to be prepared for the occasional "happy little accident" of a paint or wine spill.
Is a glass of wine or beer included with the registration?
- No. We do not include beverages in the price of a seat, but they are available for purchase at our bar.
Can I bring my own wine?
- We are a licensed bar featuring popular wine and beer selections. No outside beverages of any kind are permitted in the studio, including water. Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks are available for purchase at the bar.
Do you sell food or snacks?
- We have potato chips, candy, and other snacks for sale. You are welcome to bring any food or snacks, but please keep it on the smaller side. Also, please bring your own plates, utensils and condiments as we do not carry any food-service items. We cannot guarantee a food table during our weekend events.
What should I wear?
- There is a high possibility for paint splatters and wine spills, so dress for comfort and a little mess.
Can I come by myself or do I have to be in a group or party?
- Of course you can come by yourself! Let us know if you're just wanting some "me" time, or if you want to meet new people and mingle!
- This is also a fun and safe place to meet a new date, or get together with old friends.
What is your Refund/Cancellation Policy?
This is a live entertainment event. The Cancellation/Refund policy is non-negotiable. We understand that last-minute emergencies and unforeseen events happen, but due to the nature of this event, the Cancellation/Refund policy will be applied without exception.
- Full refund will be given for individuals canceling with at least 48 hours notice.
- A store credit will be given for individuals canceling with at least 24 hours notice.
- Same Day cancellation or "No Shows" will not be issued store credit or refunds.
Please check weather, traffic, and road conditions prior to your scheduled event in order to ensure timely arrival. If you are late to the class you may not be allowed to paint and your payment will be forfeited. Please leave a voice message or text if calling after hours, 805-484-4444.
- Painting with a Twist reserves the right to cancel classes for unforeseen circumstances or low reservation counts. Registrants will be notified by email and refunds or store credits will be processed immediately.
- There are no refunds on Virtual events or Twist-at-Home kits.
Will my painting be dry by the end of the night?
- Yes, if there are a few damp places we have hair dryers that will dry them quickly.
I didn't get a confirmation email. Am I registered?
- Please call or email our studio to confirm your reservation if you did not receive a confirmation. It's likely the result of a typo and we can easily correct your information and resend the confirmation.
Do you do reserved seating?
- Yes, please note all members of your party that you would like to sit with when you make your reservation.
What size is the canvas?
- Most classes use a 16x20 inch canvas, but we also offer 11x14, 10x30, 24x36, and wooden cutouts. Please check the calendar for upcoming events.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
- No, everyone must have a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes.
There was a class on the calendar and now the painting is different. What happened to the original painting?
- Paintings are often changed if there is no interest in the class. The only way we know someone is interested in a painting is if they sign up. If you see something you like, please reserve early otherwise you run the risk of the painting being changed.
Event Pictures and Videos Disclaimer
We take a lot of pictures and videos of our painting parties for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media promotions. If you do not want to be included in such pictures, please advise a member of the staff upon arrival. If we inadvertently include you in a social media picture, please contact the studio and we will be happy to remove it upon your request.
Private Events or Corporate Team Building
Please see the Party Info page for more information on booking an ins-studio or virtual private party. Corporate Team Building; Girl's Night Out; Date Night; Bunco Group; Bachelorette Celebration; Birthday Parties; Showers; Graduations; Office Party, and more! Painting with a Twist is a fun, unique opportunity for any of your group party needs. Studio available 7 days a week.
Painting with a Purpose Fundraisers
Painting with a Purpose is a monthly fundraising event for local and national charities with a portion of class registration sales donated to the given organization. We offer a fun activity that allows the organization's supporters to socialize and network in a creative environment. In order to qualify as a PWAP partner, your organization must complete an application for consideration. Please inquire by email or text fundraiser to 805-484-4444.
Don't get lost on the way! If you're using a Map Application, please make sure to choose our address at 2298 EAST VENTURA BLVD. in CAMARILLO, where Arneill Rd. and E. Ventura Blvd. intersect. Don't hesitate to call us if you need directions, 805-484-4444.