Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun paint-and-sip art studio for anyone interested in having a good time! We offer both public classes and private parties, where our experienced, enthusastic instructors teach our guests step-by-step through their very own, take-home masterpieces!
What if I have no artistic skill?
Don't worry about it! No experience is necessary. All of our artists are experienced instructors and are there to guide and encourage you! We think of this as FUN art, not Fine Art.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is BYOB - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Do I have to make a reservation?
We prefer that you make your reservation and pay online. Walk-ins and in-store payments are accepted if the customer is in the studio prior to the start of class, however, we cannot guarntee a spot without your reservations. Classes with less than four people registered online will be cancelled and our Friday and Saturday night classes typically sell out, so you will want to make your reservations ahead of time.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day is called Art for All Ages - these classes are intended for ages 6 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 17 and older.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all Public classes, except during a Family Day class.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
To ensure all of our guests receive the full Painting with a Twist experience, we host classes at specific times throughout the week! To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like, and register online. We also offer monthly Open Studio classes for our more independent guests to choose any painting they'd like from our paint library.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation date, a full refund will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 48 hours or less from your reservation date a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
What type of Payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards for reservations made online and are also able to make reservations over the phone. Please note your card is automatically charged when you make a reservation. Payment will be due at the door prior to the start of class and can be made with cash or credit/debit. We do not accept personal checks.
Do you provide us with a wine opener, cups, ice?
We provide cups, plates, cutlery, napkins and bottle openers. TABC will not allow us to give you ice to put in your drink. If you bring ice, we can provide you with a bucket for chilling. You are also welcome to bring a small cooler.
What time should I arrive at the studio?
We suggest you arrive 15 minutes earlier than paint time, but no more than 30 minutes earlier than paint time, as our artists are busy getting ready for you! Late arrivals may not be able to finish their painting, as our classes must start and end on time.
What should I wear?
You can wear whatever you are comforatble in. We provide you with aprons to protect your clothing, but this is permanent acrylic paint. If you get it on your clothes, it will not come out.
Do you do reserved seating?
For large public classes, yes. When making your reservation you'll be provided with a "notes" section to select your seat-mates and to let us know if you're celebrating anything!
Do you do Private Parties?
Please check the Party Info tab for more information.
When does your next calendar come out?
The calendar for next month will be published the 1st of this month.
Can you teach a party at my home or place or work?
Yes, we do offsite classes frequently! Please vist the Request Party tab or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do you do any kind of discount or groupon?
No, we instead participate in at least one "Painting With a Purpose" class each month where we donate our class proceeds to local non-profits and charities.
How do I apply to be an artist at your location?
Email us at email@example.com! Please include 3-5 images of your original artwork and your resume, highlighting any teaching and art experience. Please be sure this is all included in one email.