Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun paint-and-sip art studio for anyone interested in having a good time! We offer both public classes and private parties, where our experienced, enthusastic instructors teach our guests step-by-step through their very own, take-home masterpieces! We offer events every day of the week for kids, adults, couples, teens, and everyone in between!
What if I have no artistic skill?
Don't worry about it! No experience is necessary. All of our artists are experienced artists and instructors and are there to guide and encourage you! We think of this as FUN art, not Fine Art.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is BYOB - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Those 21+ are welcome to bring any type of alcohol (Painting with a Twist is not liable for alcohol consumption.)
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Do I have to make a reservation?
We prefer that you make your reservation and pay online. Walk-ins and in-store payments are accepted if the customer is in the studio prior to the start of the event, however, we cannot guarantee a spot without your reservation. Events with less than three people registered online will be cancelled and our Friday and Saturday night events typically sell out, so you will want to make your reservations ahead of time.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day is called Art for All Ages - these events are intended for ages 5 and up. We do not allow drop-offs unless it is specified in the event description (ex. Kid's Drop-off Camp, Black Friday Drop & Shop, etc.)
- Events past 7 PM are for those 16 years of age & up.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all public events, except Art for All Ages events (as parents may want to help their child and are not required to paint themselves.)
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
To ensure all of our guests receive the full Painting with a Twist experience, we host events at specific times throughout the week! To join an event, please view our calendar, select a painting you like, and register online (or call/text us at 346.808.7106 to place your reservation over the phone!) We also offer Pop in & Paint days once a week for our more independent guests to choose any painting they'd like from our paint library; these events are not led by an artist.
For public events:
- If you notify the studio more than 24 hours from your reservation date, a full refund will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio less than 24 hours from your reservation date a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 3 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Late guests/no-call, no-shows will not receive a refund or store credit.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Events will be cancelled if a weather emergency is declared or if we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of an event cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit or a refund will be issued.
- Late Arrivals: The artist reserves the right to deny instruction to guests who arrive later than the start-time. No refunds or store credits will be issued.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards for reservations made online and are also able to make reservations over the phone. Please note your card is automatically charged when you make a reservation. Payment will be due at the door prior to the start of class and can be made with cash or credit/debit. We do not accept personal checks. We can accept cash upon arrival, however, we do not carry much cash at the studio. Please note your reservation is not secure until you have made a payment.
Do you provide us with a wine opener, cups, ice?
We provide cups, plates, utensils, napkins, bottle openers, a refrigerator and a freezer. TABC will not allow us to give you ice to put in your drink. If you bring ice, we can provide you with a bucket for chilling. You are also welcome to bring a small cooler, or utilize our fridge/freezer.
What time should I arrive at the studio?
We suggest you arrive at least 10 minutes earlier than paint time, but no more than 30 minutes earlier than paint time, as our artists are busy getting ready for you! Late arrivals may not be able to finish their painting, as our classes must start and end on time.
What should I wear?
You can wear whatever you are comfortable in! We provide you with aprons to protect your clothing, but this is permanent acrylic paint. If you get it on your clothes, it will typically not come out.
Do you do reserved seating?
For large public classes, yes. When making your reservation you'll be provided with a "Speical Notes" section to select your seat-mates and to let us know if you're celebrating anything!
Do you do Private Parties?
Yes, every day of the week, any time of the day! Please check the Party Info tab for more information.
When does your next calendar come out?
The calendar for next month will be published the 1st of this month.
Can you teach a party at my home or place or work?
Yes, we do offsite events frequently! Please visit the Request Party tab or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do you do any kind of discount or groupon?
Yes! We offer $10 OFF your seat every Monday, a Buy 1 Seat, Get 1 Free special every Tuesday, and free wine every Wednesday. We also participate in at least one "Painting With a Purpose" event each month where we donate our class proceeds to local non-profits and charities.
How do I apply to be an artist at your location?
Email us at email@example.com! Please include 3-5 images of your original artwork and your resume, highlighting any teaching and art experience. Even if we are not currently hiring, we would still love to have your information for the future!
- We do not enforce masks in our studio, but kindly ask all guests to please respect the space of others.
- We sanitize all common surfaces after each event and offer hand sanitizer and disposable aprons to guests upon request.
- Guests will be seated side-by-side with the group they have registered with and we do our best to distance groups from one another.
- If you are looking to join a smaller, less populated event, please consider attending a week-day event as they are often not crowded.
- To guarantee your space and privacy, please visit our Private Party tab to request an event in our party room, which is sectioned off from the public. We also offer At-Home kits for guests wanting to limit exposure.
- Guests who cancel within 24 hours of their public event due to a COVID-19 related illness/exposure will recieve a store credit to redeem at a later time; guests who cancel after the public event has passed/no-call, no-shows will not be reiumbursed nor given store credit. Private Party hosts who cancel within 7-days of their event will be asked to choose a future date to move their party to, permitting availabilty, otherwise they will be charged the $150 cancellation fee.