Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun paint-and-sip art studio for anyone interested in having a good time! We offer both public classes and private parties, where our experienced, enthusastic instructors teach our guests step-by-step through their very own, take-home masterpieces!
What if I have no artistic skill?
Don't worry about it! No experience is necessary. All of our artists are experienced instructors and are there to guide and encourage you! We think of this as FUN art, not Fine Art.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is BYOB - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Do I have to make a reservation?
We prefer that you make your reservation and pay online. Walk-ins and in-store payments are accepted if the customer is in the studio prior to the start of the event, however, we cannot guarantee a spot without your reservation. Events with less than four people registered online will be cancelled and our Friday and Saturday night events typically sell out, so you will want to make your reservations ahead of time.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day is called Art for All Ages - these events are intended for ages 5 and up. We do not allow drop-offs unless it is specified in the event description (ex. Kid's Drop-off Camp, Black Friday Drop & Shop, etc.)
- Events past 7 PM are for those 16 years of age & up.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all public events, except Art for All Ages events (as parents may want to help their child and are not required to paint themselves.)
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
To ensure all of our guests receive the full Painting with a Twist experience, we host events at specific times throughout the week! To join an event, please view our calendar, select a painting you like, and register online (or call/text us at 346.808.7106 to place your reservation over the phone!) We also offer one monthly Open Studio event and one Pop in & Paint event for our more independent guests to choose any painting they'd like from our paint library.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 24 hours from your reservation date, a full refund will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio less than 24 hours from your reservation date a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 3 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Late guests/no-call no-shows will not receive a refund or store credit.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Events will be cancelled if a weather emergency is declared or if we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of an event cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued.
- Late Arrivals: The artist reserves the right to deny instruction to guests who arrive 30 minutes or later past the event start time. No refunds or store credits will be issued.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards for reservations made online and are also able to make reservations over the phone. Please note your card is automatically charged when you make a reservation. Payment will be due at the door prior to the start of class and can be made with cash or credit/debit. We do not accept personal checks. We can accept cash upon arrival, however, your reservation is not secure until you have made a payment.
Do you provide us with a wine opener, cups, ice?
We provide cups, plates, utensils, napkins, bottle openers, a refrigerator and a freezer. TABC will not allow us to give you ice to put in your drink. If you bring ice, we can provide you with a bucket for chilling. You are also welcome to bring a small cooler.
What time should I arrive at the studio?
We suggest you arrive at least 10 minutes earlier than paint time, but no more than 30 minutes earlier than paint time, as our artists are busy getting ready for you! Late arrivals may not be able to finish their painting, as our classes must start and end on time.
What should I wear?
You can wear whatever you are comforatble in! We provide you with aprons to protect your clothing, but this is permanent acrylic paint. If you get it on your clothes, it will typically not come out.
Do you do reserved seating?
For large public classes, yes. When making your reservation you'll be provided with a "notes" section to select your seat-mates and to let us know if you're celebrating anything!
Do you do Private Parties?
Please check the Party Info tab for more information.
When does your next calendar come out?
The calendar for next month will be published the 1st of this month.
Can you teach a party at my home or place or work?
Yes, we do offsite classes frequently! Please vist the Request Party tab or email us at email@example.com for more information.
Do you do any kind of discount or groupon?
No, we instead participate in at least one "Painting With a Purpose" class each month where we donate our class proceeds to local non-profits and charities.
How do I apply to be an artist at your location?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include 3-5 images of your original artwork and your resume, highlighting any teaching and art experience. Please be sure this is all included in one email.