Painting with a Twist FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to give the additional details you need!
What is Indy Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! We use acrylic paints on various sized canvases, wooden boards, and wine glasses. In our IN-STUDIO EVENTS an artist will teach the event, step by step through the specific painting of the day. During POP-IN-AND-PAINT times, you will choose from a selection of paintings that have written instructions. A staff member is here to set you up with all the supplies you need. For TWIST AT HOME KITS, you can order a painting kit with all the supplies and instruction you need to paint at home.
How do in-studio events work?
- We have a calendar of events online with both Public Events and Private Parties - we post the next month's calendar around the first of each month. The art shown is the painting being taught in the event on that date and time.
- Events marked PRIVATE PARTY are events where groups have reserved our private studio in advance and are closed to the public. You must be invited by the host/organizer to attend a Private Party.
- All other events shown on the calendar are open to the public (noting the age restrictions). The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public event alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together! Have everyone state in seating requests when they register ONE designated name from the group (i.e. sitting with Annie Artist!) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Events are 1 ½, 2 hours or 3 hours long, depending on the art chosen - event times noted on calendar and in the event descriptions.
- Age requirements are stated in every event description.
- Summary: View the calendar of events, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for the event no less than 10 minutes prior to event time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- All events have an event description with details for that event - please reference the event description for specific details including the recommended age to attend the event or requirements.
- Note: Everyone must pre-register and have a paid seat to stay on premises during all events. Please observe the recommended ages for each event. Babies, infants and toddlers are not allowed in any event.
Can I join an event without a reservation?
Pre-registration is required to attend events - payment due at the time of registration. To join an event, please view our event calendar, select a painting you like and register online no less than 30 minutes before event time or call ahead to register by phone.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
Check out our Pop In & Paint page for information and times when you can come in a paint one of our paintings. These are DIY called and are not instructor led.
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
If you have the minimum number of guests, 8 paid reservations, you can reserve the private studio, but a large group is also welcome in our public events! We seat you all together and you will have a blast! This is the perfect solution for any group unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio! If you have a large group we can accommodate you with ease, please call the studio for additional details on planning a private event!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive, you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step-by-step art instruction throughout the event. When the event is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Outside beverages, including water and travel mugs are NOT allowed. Simple packaged food is allowed.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during events.
Is there an age limit?
Yes, public events during the week are age 13+, weekend evening events are 18+, family events usually start at age 5. Please review the age listed on the event as there may be exceptions.
Please note that it is the law that you have to be 21 years old to consume alcoholic beverages.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We love our young artists and have specific events on our calendar with the younger artists in mind! Look for the events with the ages listed in the title of the event. We typically have our family friendly events on Saturday or Sunday. Please see each Event Description for the recommended age allowed to attend that event!
Please note babies, infants and toddlers are not permitted to attend events.
Private Events/Corporate Team Events:
Please email the studio at email@example.com to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page on our website! We can accommodate daytime events as well as off-site events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
Will you come to my home?
Unfortunately, we do not go into private residences. Paint tends to go everywhere, and I don't want to ruin anyone's decor with the permanent paint. If you change your mind and want to paint in the studio, we have the perfect place for your private party! Our studio is designed to give you the best painting experience.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public & private events. We understand that things come up, and will always try to be flexible, but ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you need to reschedule. We thank you for contacting the studio to let us know you won't be able to attend an event so we may offer your seat to someone else. Custom artwork events such as Paint Your Pet may have a more restrictive cancellation policy.
- We ask that you contact us at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make it to your reserved event.
- Cancellations made before 24 hours will be issued a gift certificate valid only at the Painting with a Twist – Indy location.
- If we are not notified within 24 hours, you will be charged the full amount and no refunds or store credit will be issued. Materials may be forfeited.
Bad Weather Policy:
Events will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of an event cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
In consideration of the others in the event, if you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be able to complete your painting. Please arrive no later than 10-15 minutes before the scheduled event time and we will have a blast!