Painting with a Twist FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to give the additional details you need!
What is Indy Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on various sized canvases and wooden cutout boards. An artist will teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
We are in the studio during office hours (Tue, Thu, Sat 12-4pm) and during scheduled class times. Feel free to send us an email anytime if you have additional questions or to check availability for the private studio!
How does PWAT Indy work?
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Parties - we post the next month's calendar around the first of each month. The art shown is the painting being taught in class on that date and time.
- Classes marked PRIVATE PARTY are events where groups have reserved our private studio in advance and are closed to the public. You must be invited by the host/organizer to attend a Private Party.
- All other classes shown on the calendar are open to the public (noting the age restrictions). The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public class alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together! Have everyone state in seating requests when they register ONE designated name from the group (i.e. sitting with Annie Artist!) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Classes are 1 ½, 2 hours or 3 hours long, depending on the art chosen - class times noted on calendar and in the class decriptions.
- Age Recommendations are stated in every class description. Classes before 5pm, age 15+. Classes after 5pm, age 18+. Classes marked as KIDS/FAMILY EVENT, age 5+.
- Summary: View the calendar of classes, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- All classes have a class description with details for that class - please reference the class description for specific details including the recommended age to attend the class or requirements.
- Note: Everyone must pre-register and have a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes (Except KIDS/FAMILY EVENT Classes). Please observe the recommended ages for each class. Babies, infants and toddlers are not allowed in classes.
Can I join class without a reservation?
Pre-registration is required to attend class - payment due at the time of registration. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online no less than 15 minutes before class time or call ahead to register by phone.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
If you have the minimum number of guests, 8 paid reservations during week or 10 paid reservations on Friday-Sunday, you can reserve the private studio, but a large group is also welcome in our public classes! We seat you all together and you will have a blast! This is the perfect solution for any group unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio! If you have a large group (24 or more) we can accommodate you with ease, please call the studio for additional details on planning your event!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class. When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang. The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Yes, you may bring in non-alcoholic food and beverages as long as they sealed. No open containers on beverages. We also have snacks and beverages, including wine and beer, available for purchase. Please drink responsibly.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during class, except during a KIDS/FAMILY EVENTS class.
Is there an age limit?
Yes, classes before 5pm, age 15+. Classes after 5pm, age 18+. Classes marked as KIDS/FAMILY EVENT, age 5+.
Please note that it is the law that you have to be 21 years old to consume alcoholic beverages. Young ones may only attend FAMILY FRIENDLY classes and we recommend that they be at least 5 years old to paint with us. Private Parties are also another avenue to accommodate younger children. Again, please know that adult supervision is always required.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We love our young artists and have specific classes on our calendar with the younger artists in mind! Look for the classes marked K. We typically have our classes on Saturday or Sunday. Please see each Class Description for the recommended age allowed to attend that class!
Please note babies, infants and toddlers are not permitted to attend classes.
Calendar of Classes:
Our calendar is published every month around the 1st for the next month. Please see each Class Description for details and ages allowed in each class.
If you see artwork on another PWAT calendar, feel free to email your suggestions to us! Every studio uses the same art gallery to make their calendars and it is fun to look at the different paintings featured in the other studios!
Private Events/Corporate Team Events:
Please email the studio at email@example.com to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page on our website! We can accommodate daytime events as well as off-site events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
Will you come to my home?
Unfortunately, we do not go into private residences. Paint tends to go everywhere and I don't want to ruin anyone's decor with the permanent paint. If you change your mind and want to paint in the studio, we have the perfect place for your private party! Our studio is designed to give you the best painting experience.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public & private events. We understand that things come up, and will always try to be flexible, but ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you need to reschedule. We thank you for contacting the studio to let us know you won't be able to attend class so we may offer your seat to someone else.
- We ask that you contact us at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make it to your reserved class.
- Cancellations made before 24 hours will be issued a gift certificate valid only at the Painting with a Twist – Indy location.
- If we are not notified within 24 hours, you may be charged the full amount and no refunds or store credit will be issued. Materials may be forfeited.
- No exceptions.
Bad Weather Policy:
Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
In consideration of the others in class, if you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10-15 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!