Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on a 16x20 canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience, and all of them have great success! We're now offering NEW canvases sizes of 12x12" squares, 24x36" BIG canvases, 10x30" canvases, wooden cutouts, AND real pine plank wood boards in 17.5x17" and 10.5x26"! Check our calendar for these exclusive events.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
Looking for something creative to do during the week? We're now offering Pop in & Paint hours! This freestyle DIY experience allows you to choose whatever art piece you'd like and paint along with instructions at your own pace!
Pop in & Paint Hours are during our regluar office hours only, Tues-Fri 11am-4pm. We recommend arriving no later than 2pm, as most artwork takes about 2 hours to complete.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Unfortunately, due to state laws we cannot allow any alcoholic beverages to be brought in. We sell a wide variety of wine, beer and soda to be enjoyed during class. Or, you may bring in your favorite non-alcoholic beverage and light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember, you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! All participants must present a valid, state issued ID at check-in.
Beer ($4 ea): Blue Moon, Corona, Dos Equis, Smirnoff Ice, Smirnoff Ice Green Apple, Not Your Father's Root Beer, Angry Orchard
Wine ($5 ea.): Moscato, White Zin, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sweet Red, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangria
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! All participants must present a valid, state issued ID at check-in.
Can my child come with me to paint?
Only for designated children appropriate classes, all evening classes are adults only. Even though you may be okay with your child attending a class, someone else may not be. Many guests come for a Girls night away from the kids so we feel their feelings should be respected too. Evening classes are for ages 14-17 with a parent or 18+, all participants must present a valid, state issued ID at check-in.
Children are able to attend the following class:
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 6 and up.
- Teen classes are intended for ages 12 and up.
- Private Parties with host/hostess approval. (Price per seat for event is based on artwork/party chosen, not age of painter).
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
No observing is allowed, all guests in building must have a paid seat during class time.
Where are you located?
- Our address is 9217 N. Penn in The Village. We are on the Southwest corner of Britton and Penn, in between No Regrets and the 1492 Latin Bistro.
- Please use the 2nd and 3rd rows of parking spaces, and save front row parking for those with disabilities and short-term guests.
- Parking is abundant and absolutely FREE!
Twist at Home Kits: No Refunds or Store Credits will be given for Twist at Home Kits, including Virtual Classes.
Pop in & Paint Deposit/ Walk-In: Refunds will only be make in the form of Store Credit.
Public Classes: Refunds will only be made in the form of Store Credit. If you cancel 24 hours in advance you can receive store credit to use at a later time, which will be sent to you via email, or we can move your seat to an upcoming event-- as long as we are notified AT LEAST 24 hours in advance to be able to offer your seat to another customer. All no shows will forfeit their payment and option for a store credit. Please make sure you can make the date before you book! If you are cancelling the day of an event, you will not receive store credit, or be able to move your seat to another event.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 24 hours from your reservation date, a studio credit will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio the day of, or less than 24 hrs from your class start time, or do not show up for the event, store credit or transferrs to a future class are not allowed.
- Groups of 5 or more must give 3 days notice to receive studio credit.
- Private Parties: Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel or be rescheduled if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditons, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: Classes start promptly on time. If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and forfeit your payment. Please arrive on time for your scheduled class time and we will have a blast!