Painting with a Twist FAQ
Many of your questions are likely anserwed below, however please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to provide you with any additional details that you need!
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone aged 5+ that is interested in relaxing and having fun while painting! Our artists will guide you step-by-step through the specific painting of the day. We use acrylc paint on a variety of canvases. Most of our guests have no painting experience, but they all have fun and great success leaving with a piece of art that they love!
How does Painting With A Twist-Sandy Springs work?
View the calendar of classes here to find a painting that you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
Age Recommendations are stated in every class description - please note the age listed prior to registering a younger guest. These age recommendations are based on the difficulty of the art for our younger painters and are a good guide to ensure each guest has fun and is successful in creating a masterpiece they love.
- Children: Our younger guests are welcome in daytime classes with age recommendations listed in class description.
- Adults: Evenings are reserved for adults, and provide a great atmosphere for date night and a much needed girls night out in a kid free zone!
- NOTE: Infants/Toddlers/Children under 5 are not permitted during any event times including private events.
- We are Bring Your Own (BYO) for refreshments! Feel free to bring in your favorite beer or wine and some light snacks to enjoy while you paint!. Please see alcohol policy for details - No Hard Alcohol please.
- Must be 21 to consume alcohol, and we ask guests to please drink responsibly. Classes marked 'All Ages/Family Day' are alcohol free without exception. Any guests with too much Twist and unable to participate in class will be asked to leave the session, and have a friend to get them home safely.
- Pre-Registration Required!
- All attendees must paint and purchase a seat. No observers allowed in any classes or on the premises without a reservation at any time as seating is limited. Infants and young children under 5 are not permitted during any class times. Please refer to the Age requirements outline for each class.
- Every guest must have a paid seat in advance of arrival to our studio to stay on premises during all classes. We unable to "hold" seats without payment.
- One person per canvas.
- Classes "close" one hour before the event begins - please reserve seats before the class closes. We cannot accept walk ins at class time, or register anyone for a class at the door within an hour of class.
What are the prices for a class?
Two hour classes prices range from $37/per painter and up depending on the type of class, time of class, and the canvas being used. Each of our class offerings provide detailed pricing as well as canvas offerings - (see calendar for pricing details). Three hour classes prices range from $47pp and up. Kids paintings 1.5 hours start at $34/pp.
When do you post a new monthly schedule?
The calendar is generally posted on the 1st of every month. This can vary by month. If you don't see a published event, call for details.
Will my painting be dry by the end of the night?
Yes, if there are a few damp places we have hair dryers located throughout the studio that will dry the damp places very quickly.
At what time should I arrive for class?
Doors will open 15 minutes prior to each event. Candle makers are asked to arrive 20 minutes prior to the event time.
Do I need a reservation?
Yes, we do require reservations with payment to secure seats so our artists can prepare for each event. We are unable to accept walk-ins as artist are preparing for class.
Do you do reserved seating?
Yes. If you are coming with others, but making reservations separately, give us your group's name in the Special Request box and we'll seat you together!
Can I bring my own beverages?
Yes, we are a BYOB, so please feel free to bring your own beverages of choice - no hard alcohol is permitted. We do not sell alcohol/water in studio.
Will you have wine openers and cups?
Yes, we supply wine openers and cups.
Since it is around dinner, can we bring food?
Yes, feel free to bring in a light snack.
What do I wear?
Whatever is comfortable and you don't mind if a little paint gets on it. We will have smocks for you if you need them.
Do you do private parties?
Yes, here at our studio, we LOVE to host private parties to include; adult/kids birthday parties, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, family reunions, corporate events, holiday celebrations, engagements, community events and much much more. We can accommodate up to 50 people in our main studio and up to 27 in our Private Party room. See Party Info
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
You can reserve the private studio or your group can join our public class! We seat all groups together and you will have a blast! Minimum number of guests is 10 paid guests during all Private Event times except on Friday/Saturday before 5pm, when it is 15 paid guests minimum. Public Events are the perfect solution for any group that is unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio!
What size is the canvas?
Our standard size we use is a 16 x 20 inch canvas. However, we also offer other size canvases depending on the painting. Canvas offerings will be listed within the painting event when you register online.
Is there an age limit?
Each of our classes has age restrictions that our stated. Please refer to the class listing for age limitation details. Our evening classes are for ages 18 and over only. "All Ages" classes are for all ages. Please note that it is the law that you have to be 21 years old to consume alcoholic beverages.
What is your refund policy?
See guidelines below:
- 48 hrs or more notice to cancel attendance = Full Refund
- 48 hours - 4 hours notice to cancel attendance = Option 1 or 2 will apply:
1) All events where the surface has been prepared in advance (Pre-Sketched) - Guests will receive a Twist at Home Kit for pickup at the next pickup date. No credit or refund - no exceptions.
2) All events where the surface did not need preparation in advance - No refund - a 2 month credit will be issued.
- 4 hours or less notice to cancel attendance = No refund / no credit
Note, all cancellation policies still apply to guests registered 48hrs or less to scheduled class time. Please leave a message if you are unable to speak to someone at the time of your call as our calls are all date and time stamped.
TWIST AT HOME KITS:
- No refund / credit
If you are late to the class, you may not be allowed to paint and your payment will be forfeited. NO EXCEPTIONS including traffic challenges. Please map your route out in advance and plan accordingly. Groups/parties of 10 or more must cancel 7 days before the date of the class. For refund policy for Parties please see Party Info
What COVID policies are in place for this location?
We will continue to meet or exceed federal, state or local public health requirements. We continue to clean and sanitize thoroughly after each class.
Painting with a Twist reserves the right to cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances. Please see our calendar for updated public class and Twist at Home kit information, contact the studio directly at email@example.com or TEXT/CALL us at 470-294-2926.