Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
We are an absolutely fabulous fun night out and we're located in Carmel just minutes north of I-465 and Keystone. We combine having a great time with your friends and family with step by step instruction to create a painting you will be proud to take home. You can sip your favorite wine or beverage and paint a picture along with a local artist. Our mission is to offer you an absolutely fantastic time with your friends and will help change the idea that you can't paint once and for all! Painting With A Twist Carmel is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! We use acrylic paints on a high quality canvas and provide everything you'll need, all we need is you. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
How does Painting with a Twist Carmel work?
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Parties - we post the next month's calendar the first week of the prior month. The art shown is the painting being taught in class on that date and time.
- Classes marked PRIVATE PARTY are events where groups have reserved our Private Party room in advance and are closed to the public. You must be invited by the host/organizer to attend a Private Party.
- All other classes shown on the calendar are open to the public (noting the age restrictions). The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public class alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together! Have everyone state in seating requests when they register ONE designated name from the group (i.e. sitting with Annie Artist!) and we will seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Classes are 1 ½, 2 hours or 3 hours long, depending on the art chosen - class times noted on calendar and in the class descriptions.
- Age Recommendations are stated in every class description.
- Summary: View our class calendar, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- All classes have a class description with details for that class - please reference the class description for specific details including the recommended age to attend the class or requirements.
- Note: Everyone must pre-register and have a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes. Please observe the recommended ages for each class. Babies, infants and toddlers are not allowed in classes.
Can I stop in anytime and paint or do I need a reservation?
We hold public classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. We encourage you to join a class. Please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is preferred for all classes but you're welcome to register at the studio no less than 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time.
What are the prices for a class?
Our classes range from $25-$45 based on the class and the painting surface you choose (we have multiple size canvases as well as real wood).
Are we allowed to bring in beverages?
Sodas, water and non-alcoholic drinks are welcome to be carried in but NO BYOB is allowed due to Indiana State Law. We offer a nice selection of wine, beer, sodas, water and coffee for sale by the glass or bottle. Must be at least 21 years old or older and have a valid ID to consume alcohol.
At what time should I arrive for class?
No less than fifteen to thirty minutes would be plenty of lead time to relax, get a beverage of choice and get ready for a great time.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang!
What do I wear?
Whatever is comfortable and you don't mind if a little paint gets on it. We do supply aprons to all guest.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- All attendees must have a paid seat. We don't allow for viewers, watchers or onlookers. No toddlers or babies are allowed in any class.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older.
Will my painting be dry by the end of the night?
Yes, if there are a few damp places we will have hair dryers which will dry them quickly.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes.
Private Events/Corporate Team Events:
Please email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page on our website! We can accommodate daytime events as well as off-site events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
Do you do private parties?
Yes, we can accommodate Private Parties with a minimum 10 painters and up to 42 painters. All private parties get to pick the painting for their event. You are welcome to bring in food or even have your event catered!
When do you post a new monthly schedule?
The calendar is posted the first week of the prior month.
Where are you located?
- We are located at 301 E. Carmel Drive, just minutes north of I-465 and Keystone Avenue. Our studio is in the same center as McNamara Florist and Pizza King.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public & private events. We understand that things come up, and will always try to be flexible, but ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you need to reschedule. We thank you for contacting the studio to let us know you won't be able to attend class so we may offer your seat to someone else.
- We ask that you contact us at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make it to your reserved class.
- Cancellations made before 24 hours will be issued a gift certificate valid only at the Painting with a Twist –Carmel location.
- If we are not notified within 24 hours, you will be charged the full amount and no refunds or store credit will be issued. Materials will be forfeited.
- No exceptions.
Bad Weather Policy:
Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class canceling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
In consideration of the others in class, if you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10-15 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!