Painting with a Twist FAQ
-What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a FUN art studio that provides a carefree escape and easy to follow painting instructions in an entertaining venue! Our events are perfect for any occasion like date night, girls night out, team building, birthday parties, kids camps, anniversaries, bachelorette parties, wedding showers, and more! No experience is needed. Simply show up, follow along with a talented local artist, enjoy your favorite beverage, and create something amazing! Our events include painting on canvases of all sizes, wood boards, wine glasses, and our NEW Rebecca Flott Arts Screen Art. Our includes wine, beer, soda, coffee, Fair Oaks cheese, sausage, and sweets.
Can I stop in anytime and paint? What is Open Studio?
We typically hold events at specific times, but also offer open studio times. Open studio is a self-led DIY class. You may choose any painting or bring your own ideas. An artist will be present to answer questions but does not walk patrons step by step. You can sign up for these online where you see an open studio class offered. We also offer open studio during office hours Tues-Friday 2-5 pm. If interested in dropping by, give us a call at 765-269-7221 and let an artist know so they can prepare your materials.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
BYOB is prohibited in Indiana. For your enjoyment, we offer wine, beer, soft drinks, and snacks in-house. We do not allow outside beverages of any kind in the studio unless approved for a private event.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints, and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang!
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 6+
- Kids classes are ages 6+
- Evening classes are intended for adults 18+
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all events, except during a family day or kids events. Seating for unpaid seats is limited.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio at least 24 hours from your reservation date, a store credit will be issued
- If you notify the studio less than 24 hours from the class start time, no store credit will be issued.
- Private Event hosts must pay a non-refundable (3) seat deposit to secure the reservation date. The minimum requirement (10) must be paid in full 24 hours before the event. If not paid in full, we reserve the right to open the event to the public. Artwork must be chosen at least 24 hours before the event, but it is preferred this is done as soon as possible. Private event guests must arrive on time and expect to finish in the allocated time. We reserve the right to charge a fee of $25/half hour of extra studio time.
- Events with little sign-ups are subject to a change in artwork or cancellation. Should a cancellation occur, a store credit will be issued.
- Bad Weather: Events will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of an event canceling due to poor weather conditions, store credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in case of questionable weather. All private parties canceled due to weather will be rescheduled. No refunds.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive more than 15 minutes, late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled event time and we will have a wonderful time!