Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on a variety of different surfaces, including 16x20 and 10x30 canvas, wood boards, and porch leaners! A local artist will take the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
What precautions are you taking regarding Covid?
- We are cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces and items before and after every class.
- We have sanitizer available and ask that everyone entering the studio wash and sanitize hands frequently.
- All artists have been vaccinated and will not enter the studio if they are experiencing any illness symptoms or have tested positive for Covid despite aparent symptoms.
- We request that all our guests to please stay home and reschedule your class if you or anyone in your household are experiencing illness symptoms or have tested positive for Covid.
Do you require masks?
- We request that anyone who is not vaccinated wear a mask while in the studio.
- All are required to wear a mask while in studio regardless of vaccination status as per the SL County mandate through Feb. 7th, 2022.
- We will be following CDC, state and county requirements for masking in public after the 7th of Feb and as time goes forward.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes or can schedule private parties at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. Drop In Hours are posted on our calendar if you would like some more time, or spontaneity. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
We offer wine/beer tasting for $5-$7 extra, at the door for 21+ classes. No alcohol will be served to all ages classes. We also have soda, bottled water, and candy for purchase. Feel free to bring in your favorite non-alcoholic beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! You may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint? [Recommended Ages]
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- All Ages classes.
- Kids Camp classes.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes. Some exceptions apply during a Family Day class.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- A rain check will be issued for all cancellations made up to 30 minutes prior to class start time.
- Nothing can be done for no shows no notice or notice after 30 minutes prior to class start time. *you can notify us of cancellation for any reason via text, voice message, or email and we'll be happy to help you find another class in the future. Or you can hang on to the rain check and use at your leisure. You can also use it for a Take Home Paint Kit or any retail item. They never expire.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Class Cancellations: Painting with a Twist may have to cancel a class due to the following:
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared, or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above.
- Covid: Class may also be cancelled due to Covid, ie; an artist getting ill, state or county mandate, CDC declared emergency.
- Low reservation: A class may be cancelled if less than 5 people sign up for the class. **In the rare case of a class cancelling due to an unavoidable reason, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. We will notify attendees with as much notice as possible.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!