Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on 16" x 20" canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
What is the studio doing to help keep its guests safe during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Common surfaces in the studio are sanitized after each class daily
- We have plexiglass barriers at our tables to help create an individualized space
- Hand sanitizer stations are present to disinfect hands
- We use disposable aprons and all paint brushes and easels are disinfected after each class
- All studio staff members are required to wear masks at all time
Do I have to wear a mask while attending and event at the studio?
- Yes, a mask is mandatory upon entry to the studio and must be worn at all times. For the safety of our guests and our staff we reserve the right to ask you to leave the studio if you fail to comply with this request.
What if I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19?
- If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below or did not pass our infrared thermometer testing when you arrive you will not be allowed to enter the studio.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! No hard liquor allowed
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes, except during a Family Day class.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 48 hours from your reservation date, a full refund or store credit will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 48 hours or less from your reservation date a studio credit will be issued for your use towards a future class.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less from the class start time, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
How long does it take to receive my Painting with a Purpose Disbursement check:
- After your event is over we will reconcile your event details and we will disperse a check payable to your charity or organization of choice. All checks are processed on the 15th of each month and mailed to the address on file. Checks will not be distributed onsite after the event.
I would love to work at your PWAT Studio but what is the minimum age requirement?
- You must be at least 21 years of age or older.