Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
- Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! We use acrylic paints and teach the class, step-by-step, through a specific painting. Most of our guests have no painting experience but all of them have fun and great success!
How does Painting with a Twist work?
- We have an online Event Calendar that posts both Public and Private Events. Calendars are published on the 1st of each month.
- View the calendar of classes, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 15 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- You can come to a public class alone, with one friend, or with as many friends as you can round up. Please choose one person from your group and have everyone mention that person in the “Seating & Special Requests” section when they register, and we will do our best to seat your group altogether.
Can my friends (or children) come to watch without painting?
- Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during our classes.
Do I need to reserve the private studio if I have a big group?
- Our main studio holds 48 painters if your group is larger than 15 guests, we advise you to book a private party. One difference between a private and public class is that a private party gets to pick the painting!
Is there a minimum number of painters?
- Yes! We have a minimum of six (6) painters for a class to take place. Our studio will notify you 10 - 12 hours before the class starts if the minimum number of painters has not been met. Customers will have the option of receiving a full refund or allowed to switch reservation to another class at this studio only.
Is there a registration cutoff?
- Yes! Our online reservation system cutoff is three (3) hours before class starts. Please book early in order to guarantee a seat in this class. Reservations and payment online or via phone are required to guarantee your reservation
Are we allowed to bring in food and beverages?
- FOOD YES! Feel free to bring in your favorite snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time, so finger foods are best!
- DRINKS NO! We are not a BYOB studio & we will be selling alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks.
- Please remember to bring plates, utensils, serving ware with you. Napkins will be provided.
Where can I park?
- There are several surface & garage parking areas near the studio with plenty of parking. After 4 pm most lots have discounted rates.
- There is metered street parking available but limited to 2 hours.
- NOTE: On BASEBALL GAME DAYS (April – October) parking lots around the studio will increase to a minimum of $40. Public transportation to the studio would be the best alternative on Game Days
- Union Station is 4 blocks from the studio & we are also 4 blocks North of the 16th Street Mall Shuttle.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
- Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, easel, canvas, brushes, paints, napkins and step-by-step art instruction. When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can children paint?
- We love our young artists and have specific classes designated just for them. Please see each class description for age requirements. Only those meeting the age requirement will be allowed to participate in that class!
Do you offer Corporate and/or Offsite events?
- We do! Please contact the studio to discuss your wants and needs in detail. We look forward to discussing the different ways we can provide you with a unique experience for all to remember!
Do you have Gift Certificates?
- We have universal Gift Cards that can be purchased in person at any PWAT studio and we also have Gift Certificates that can be purchased online here. They are emailed in PDF format directly to you and are valid for any new reservations.
- Gift certificates may not be used for our “Painting with a Purpose” or any other fundraising events. Our Gift Certificates do not expire.
What is your Cancelation Policy?
Please note our cancellation policy applies to all individuals in public or private events.
- A refund will be given for individuals canceling with more than 48 hours notice.
- Guests canceling with a 24-48 hours notice will be issued a store credit.
- Guests canceling with less than 24 hours notice and "no shows" WILL NOT receive a store credit or a refund.
- NOTE: Guests arriving more than 15 minutes late may not be permitted to paint and are considered a "no-show". They are not entitled to a refund.
What if there is bad weather?
- Classes may be canceled if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on. In the rare case of a class canceling due to poor weather, a studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
When should I arrive to class?
- Please arrive to class no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time and we will have a blast! Guests arriving 15 minutes (or more) late may not be allowed to paint and forfeit the registration fee. Be considerate of your classmates… arrive on time!