Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our in-studio events, we teach the class step by step how to complete the specific painting for the day. For in-studio and Twist at Home we use acrylic paints and previous art experience is not necessary to have great success!
How do in-studio events work?
We typically have an event calendar that displays the specific paintings we will be teaching and at what date and time. If you see a painting you like and it's scheduled on a day you can attend, you can go ahead and reserve your spot by registering online. The artist/instructor will guide the whole class on how to complete the specific painting.
How much does it cost to attend an in-studio event?
The cost is determined by the event, but range from $27-$70.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Yes, feel free to bring snacks and Non-Alcoholic Drinks to enjoy during class if you would like.
- Our Studio has been and continues to be Alcohol-Free & Family Friendly. The State of Kentucky prohibits BYOB. If you wish to purchase a drink, feel free to stop by The Hilton Doubletree which is just steps from our door before or after your class!
Hungry? We have partnered with Crust which is located across the parking lot from us. If you would like to grab a bit to eat before or after class or to order take out to enjoy during class, just let them know you are taking a class with us and you will receive a 10% discount.
Do I need to bring anything with me to class?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints, and step-by-step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring is some refreshments.
Can I just paint whatever I want?
We will provide step by step instructions for the scheduled painting. If you want to do your own thing, go for it, but there will not be step by step guidance on how to complete it.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like, and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
How do I book a private party?
Call us during office hours to check availability for the date you want. You will be asked to give a credit card number to hold your spot. We will keep your credit card information on file to reserve a party date and time for you. Please see the Party Info page for further details.
How do I sign up for a group to attend an open to the public class?
Option 1: Select the number of seats you want to reserve for the specific class online and pay online.
Option 2: Ask everyone in your group to reserve individually online and to specify a group name or point person in the "Special Requests" box.
We do have a customer rewards program you will want to get in on! Before registering, make sure to set up a rewards account. Creating an account is FREE and you will receive 5,000 points just for joining. You will also earn discounts on future classes! To set up an account, go to the top right of the page and click on PAINT POINTS. You will be asked for an email address and a password. Once you have an account set up, make sure to log in each time you register to receive your rewards!
Do I have to make a reservation? Can I just walk in?
If you want to guarantee a seat for yourself, you have to make a reservation. Many classes will sell out. Also, if there are not any reservations for a class, we may cancel the class or switch the painting. We set up a painting station for each person. Please make a reservation so we can set up for you and have you seated appropriately with your group if you are joining one.
When will you be doing (insert painting name) again?
We try to provide a combination of old favorites and new paintings on each calendar. If there is a painting you really want to see on the next calendar, email us at email@example.com and we might be able to accommodate your request. We have many paintings that we rotate through. We love to hear what your requests are.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
Family/Kids Day Events are open to everyone. These classes are 1 1/2 hours long and all ages are welcome. These are the ONLY class when social distancing restrictions are over where Parents are welcome to attend and help out if they do not wish to Paint. Anyone attending under the age of 13 must have an adult present.
All of our events are open to all ages. These 2 and 3-hour events are adult level paintings that have been opened to younger painters. For these events, everyone attending must be registered. Anyone attending under the age of 13 must be with a registered adult.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
SPECTATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT OUR EVENTS, WHICH INCLUDES BABIES & NON REGISTERED CHILDREN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. (The only Exception when social distancing is over is our 1 1/2 hr. Kids/Family Day Events where parents do not have to be registered).
When do you post a new monthly schedule?
The calendar is posted on the 1st of the month for the following month, however, offerings do change from time to time!
Will my painting be dry at the end of the night?
Yes, if there are a few damp places we have hairdryers that will dry them quickly.
What do I wear?
Wear whatever is comfortable and you don't mind if a little paint gets on it. We do supply aprons, but if you by chance get paint on your clothes and it dries, it will not come out. If you catch it while it's still wet you can usually get it out with some soap and water.
What size is the painting surface?
This varies on the product you choose. We now offer most events with a choice of products. You may have the option of a 16 x 20-inch standard canvas, a 16X20-inch Framed Canvas, a 10x30 Long Canvas, or a 12X12, Square 1-inch thick Canvas as well as our Real Pine Wood Boards in our 10.5X47 Porch Leaner, 10.5X26 long or 16X20 sizes, or a Shiplap Pallet. We also have a 16X20 Bluetooth Canvas that you can upgrade to at check-in while supplies last.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, please notify the Studio at least 12 hours in advance and a Studio Credit will be issued. All Refunds are done in the form of Studio Credit, which can be used towards a future in-studio public event for up to 5 years. (Comped/Donated Certificates are good for up to 2 years unless otherwise stated on the certificate).
- "No Shows", Guests arriving 15 minutes or late after the class has started or Guests not following the Age or Alcohol Policy listed above will NOT be issued a studio credit and will lose their registration fee.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement sent to each host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class canceling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!
- Twist at Home Kit sales are Final. Studio Credits can not be used for Twist at Home Kits.