Painting with a Twist FAQ
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at email@example.com and we will be sure to give the additional details you need!
What is Painting with a Twist - Mason?
Painting with a Twist (PWAT) Mason is a fun art studio for anyone aged 7-107 interested in relaxing social fun while painting!
- Our professional artists will teach each class step by step through the specific painting of the day. We use acrylc paint on canvases, wood boards or screens!
- Guests that have no painting experience surprise themselves with how much fun it is!
We are in the studio to assist with questions about classes and planning private events during Office Hours. Please email the studio, call and leave a voice message, or text PARTY to our studio and we will respond ASAP during these hours.
- In Studio Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Monday & Tuesday: Email Only Monitored 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Sunday: No office hours
How does Mason PWAT work?
Summary: View the calendar of classes to find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
- We have a calendar of classes online with both Public Events and Private Events.
- Public Events and are open to the public (noting the age restrictions). The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public event alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together!
- Guests should state in comments when they register ONE designated name from the group (i.e. sitting with Connie Smith) and we do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Private Event are noted as private, and are closed to the public. You must be invited by the host/organizer to attend a Private Event.
- Please complete the REQUEST A PRIVATE EVENT form to start the process of booking a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Party Page!
- Public classes can be 1.5 hours, 2 hours or 3 hours long - class times noted on calendar.
- Age Recommendations are stated in every class description - please note the age listed prior to registering a younger guest.
- Adults: Evenings are reserved for adults, and provide a great atmosphere for date night and a much needed girls night out in a kid free zone!
- Children: Our younger guests are welcome in daytime classes with age recommendations listed in class description.
- These age recommendations are based on the difficulty of the art for our younger painters and are a good guide to ensure each guest has fun and is successful in creating a masterpiece they love.
- Infants/Toddlers/Children not painting permitted during any event times.
- We are BYO for refreshments! You are welcome to bring light snacks and beverages to enjoy during class. Please see alcohol policy for details.
- Classes marked 'Family Day' are alcohol free without exception.
- Must be 21 to consume alcohol, and we ask guests to please drink responsibly. Any guests with too much Twist and unable to participate in class will have a friend asked to get them home safely.
- Pre-Registration Required:
- Every guest must have a paid seat in advance of arrival to our studio to stay on premises during all classes.
- No observers allowed in any classes except Family Day classes.
- Infants and young children not painting are not permitted during any class times.
- One person per canvas, each guest needs their own paid seat.
Can I join class without a reservation?
- Registration & Payment at least 1 hour prior to arrival to studio is required to attend any/all classes.
- Our classes often sell out, securing your paid seat in advance is recommended.
- We cannot accept walk ins at class time, or register anyone for a class at the door within an hour of class.
What is the cost of the class?
Pricing listed is per person/seat - by creating a PWAT REWARDS ACCOUNT, you can earn points for discounts off of classes!
- 1.5 hr class: $27
- 2 hr class: $35 - 16x20 Canvas (With lights $45)
2 hr class: $37 - 10x30 Canvas (With lights $45)
2 hr class: $37 - Shiplap
2 hr class: $45 - Pine Wood Board
2 hr class: $45 - Screen Art (With lights $55)
- 3 hr class: $45 - 16x20 Canvas
- 2.5 hr class: $40
- Bling or BlackLight Classes
- 2.5 hr class: $45
- Lighted Canvas Classes
- Custom Art Classes:
- Paint Your Pet - custom sketch of a photo of your pet: $55
- Zombie Self Portrait - custom sketch of a photo of you or a family member: $45
- Specials: Sunday Funday and Manic Monday are $5 off the regular price!
- Team Events: Please email studio - firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
- You can reserve the private studio, but do not need to. Big groups are welcome in our Public Classes. We seat all groups together and you will have a blast!
- Minimum number of guests is 10 paid guests during all Private Event times except on Friday/Saturday evenings, when it is 15 paid guests minimum.
- Public Events are the perfect solution for any group unsure if they will have enough participation to reserve the private studio!
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food? Yes! This is the twist!
- Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water!
- Alcohol Policy: Adult beverages limited to beer/wine or low alcohol coolers. We have wine openers and cups for your use. No hard alcohol allowed - no exceptions - please drink responsibly.
- Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! Feel free to bring in a small cooler with ice if you need some!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
- Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
- When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang!
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
- Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during any/all classes, except during a 'Family Day' class. No exceptions.
Can my child come with me to paint? See class descriptions to be sure of recommended ages.
- We love our young artists and have specific classes on our calendar with the younger artists in mind!
- Please see each Class Description for the recommended age allowed to attend that class - the guide below will help clarify each class recommendation!
- Family Day classes are geared towards guests 7yrs and older and adults are welcome to join in for some fun family time on Family Day!
- Evening classes are open to 16yrs+ on Monday - Thursday, and 18yrs+ on Friday/Saturday nights. No exceptions, please.
- Please note Infants/Toddlers/Children not painting permitted during any event times.
Guide to finding the right class for your group!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 years - Adult, and are alcohol free classes. Age appropriate art will be available during these classes. We allow observers to stay during Family Day classes, but request all observers stand back from the class and allow our staff to assist everyone painting.
- 10+ classes are intended for ages 10 years - Adult. More detailed art will be featured in this class! No observers allowed during a 10+ class.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 years - Adult. This class will give our serious young artists a chance to paint something more challenging! No observers allowed during a Teen & Up class.
- Evening Classes* are open for artists 16 years - Adult, except Friday and Saturday Nights which are open to 18yrs - 108yrs only! Get a sitter, it is pARTy time!
- *Evening Class Exceptions - Classes marked 6:30-8:30pm may be open to ages 13+ during holiday and summer breaks to allow families to enjoy evening paint times. See calendar for any exceptions.
Calendar of Classes:
- Our calendar is published every month on the 15th for the next month. Please see each Class Description for details and ages allowed in each class.
- Gift Certificates are emailed in PDF format directly to you and are valid for any new reservations.
- Gift certificates may not be used for our monthly Painting with a Purpose fundraising events.
- All Gift Certificate purchases are non-refundable/no cash value.
- Purchase Gift Certificates Here: Gift Certificates
- Donation Gift Certificates expire 6 months from event date.
Rewards - aka Paint Points:
- Please register for a FREE Rewards Account PAINT POINTS. For every dollar spent, you earn points towards rewards on future classes!
- Please note, we do not offer any online discounts and ask you be aware of scams online using our company name selling discounts.
Cancellation/Bad Weather Policy: Effective 3/16/20 due to State of Ohio National Emergency, our cancellation policy is updated to be 6 month credit only on all cancelled classes or guests cancelling a reservation until further notice.
The following is our cancellation policy for both Public and Private event guests. To cancel a reservation, please call 513-229-7700. Please leave a message with class name and reservation name if you reach our voice mail - calls are date stamped and we will handle your request when in for office hours!
- 48 hours or more notice to cancel attendance in class: Full Refund.
- 48 hours - 4 hours notice to cancel attendance in class: No Refund. A Complimentary Credit will be issued valid 3 months from issue date.
- 4 hours notice or less to cancel attendance in class: No Refund/No Credit.
- Reservations made within 48 hours of class time are subject to the cancellation policy as stated.
- Events with low reservations may cancel.
- For our Twist To Go program, there are no refunds. Studio credit issued and valid 90 days if you need to cancel your order.
- Private Event Hosts follow the Cancellation Policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Guests of a Private Event are not elibible for refund or studio credit if event is under required minimum. If event meets minimum standard cancellation policy applies.
- Paint Your Pet reservations with 5 days or less notice to cancel attendance in Paint Your Pet class: A Complimentary Credit will be issued valid 3 months from issue date.
- Painting with a Purpose does not allow refunds or credit with 48 hours or less cancellation notice from event time to benefit the charity being honored in the event.
Bad Weather Policy:
- Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on. We do live in an area that can get a lot of snowy weather, so if roads are clear, we try to paint - but we realize sometimes it is too dangerous to travel and cancel class when needed.
- In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, a Complimentary Credit will be issued to all registered guests valid 3 months from issue date.
- If a guest decides not to attend class due to weather conditions, and class is still being held, a Complimentary Credit will be issued valid 3 months from issue date.
- In a case of questionable weather, all guests registered for the class being cancelled will be emailed about the cancellation at least 2 hours prior to the event.
- We begin and end class promptly on time.
- If you arrive late, you may not be able to catch up with class and are free to paint your own masterpiece and finish by end of class - no credit or refunds issued to any late arrivals.
- Doors open for adult classses 30 minutes before instruction begins for a Happy Half Hour! Please arrive no less than 10 minutes before class start time to ensure you don't miss out!
Finding us! GPS is leading people in the wrong direction!
We are in Mason, OH at the intersection of Snider & Tylersville Rd - in the Drug Mart Plaza.
We are 2 miles East of I-75 on Tylersville Road
- We are 3 miles West of I-71 on Tylersville Road
- Please email donation requests to email@example.com
- Donations are considered and responded to once monthly and emails are sent when donations are approved.
- Any donations issued with Gift Certificates to attend class are limited to 6 months following the auction event date.