Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylic paints on 16x20 canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success!
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes. No walk ins or observers.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 10 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 16 and older.
- Anyone staying in the studio must have a reservation.
- No infants, toddlers or observers.
Q: Can children under 18 years old paint?
A: Yes. Ages 15 & up are welcome at all classes before 5pm. We also offer Family Day classes that are open to all ages 7 & up. Most are offered on Saturday mornings, Sunday afternoon and various other times when school is out. Private parties may also be reserved for our younger painters. We have a no observers, no toddlers & no infants policy. Anyone staying must have a reservation to paint. Our childrens paintings are suited for children ages 7 and through 12 years and are $30 for a 1-1/2 hour class.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
No, Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- NO REFUNDS. We will be offering studio credit or Rescheduling only with a minimum of 24 hours notice. No Refund/Store Credit/Reschedule for 'No Shows' or reservations made on day of class.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather. No refunds for weather related cancellations.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you are welcome to paint your own masterpiece as the artist will not be able to backtrack instructions. If you choose not to paint on your own, you may not reschedule, receive a refund or store credit and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!