Painting with a Twist FAQ
You have Questions? We have Answers!
We realize the importance of keeping our staff and guests safe, and we have new systems in place to ensure everyone's safety. Staff will sanitize all surfaces regularly, including counter tops, door handles, credit card machines, brushes, and so on. Staff will wear face masks and will wash hands as often as possible. Help us practice social distancing and keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others. If you are sick - please do not enter our facility. You can contact us and we will be happy to reschedule your pick up or class that you have registered for.
Painting with a Twist is ready to get back to work and taking care of our guests has ALWAYS been our #1 goal. Due to current restrictions, purchasing kits and our LIVE|Virtual Events are a great option for gathering with friends in a safe setting, from the comfort of your home. We also have kits for Kids and LIVE|Virtual Classes for them as well. As the state allows we will be safely opening our doors for in studio events.
What is Painting with a Twist?
- Painting with a Twist is a “fun” art studio for anyone interested in painting! We use acrylic paints and teach the class, step-by-step, through a specific painting. Most of our guests have no painting experience but all of them have fun and great success!
How does Painting with a Twist work?
- We have an online Event Calendar that posts both Public and Private Events. Calendars are published before the month in order to give you plenty of time to plan ahead.
- Classes marked “Private” are events where groups have reserved our studio in advance and are closed to the public.
- All classes not marked "Private" are Open to Public
- You can come to a public class alone, with one friend, or with as many friends as you can round up. Please choose one person from your group and have everyone mention that person in the “Seating & Special Requests” section when they register, and we will do our best to seat your group all together.
- SUMMARY: View the calendar of classes, find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for class up to 30 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun art party!
Can my friends (or children) come to watch without painting?
- Classes marked *Family Friendly* allow “watchers but for all other paintings - everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during our classes.
Do I need to reserve the private studio if I have a big group?
- Groups of all sizes can join a public session – let us know so we can set you all together.
- If you prefer to have a private party – please see our Party Info.
Are we allowed to bring in food and beverages?
- FOOD YES! Feel free to bring in your favorite snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time, so finger foods are best! Please remember to bring plates, utensils, and serving ware with you.
- DRINKS NO! We serve NM Wine & Beer. You will need a valid ID If you are planning on purchasing alcohol. NO OUTSIDE BEVERAGES OR DRINKING CONTAINERS. Per NM law-it is a criminal violation to bring any type of alcohol onto this premises. We are NOT a BYOB.
Where can I park?
- There is plenty of parking in front of our studio and it is well lit after dark.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
- Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! You will be supplied with an apron, easel, canvas, brushes, paints, napkins and step-by-step art instruction. When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang! The only thing you may want to bring are snacks.
Can children paint?
- We love our young artists and have specific classes designated just for them. Please see each class description for age requirements. Only those meeting the age requirement will be allowed to participate in that class!
Private Events/Corporate Team Events?
- Start on our Party Info page. The basic information is all located there. To start the process, you will need to fill out the Request Party form. Be sure to add any information you think we will need to help you plan this event. We can accommodate daytime events as well as off-site events and look forward to discussing ways we can bring a unique experience your team will remember!
Will you come to my home?
- Unfortunately, we do not go into private residences. Paint tends to go everywhere, and we don't want to ruin anyone's decor with the permanent paint. If you change your mind and want to paint in the studio, we have the perfect place for your private party! Our studio is designed to give you the best painting experience.
Do you have Gift Cards?
- We have universal Gift Cards that can be purchased in person at any Painting with a Twist studio and we also have gift Certificates that can be purchased online. They are emailed in PDF format directly to you and are valid for any new reservations. Gift cards may not be used for our “Painting with a Purpose” or other fundraising events. Our Gift Cards do not expire.
What is your Cancellation Policy during the Coronavirus Closures?
What if there is bad weather?
- Classes may be cancelled if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather, a studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
When should I arrive to class?
- Arrive up to 30 min early to get uncorked, smocked & in your seat - it's your Happy Half Hour! Guests arriving 15 minutes (or more) late may not be allowed to paint and forfeit the registration fee. Be considerate of your classmates… arrive on time!