Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! NO experience is needed we promise! In our events we use acrylic paints on 16" x 20" canvas (other sizes available too) or on a wood surface and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience and all of them have great success! The best part is you get to take your painting hoke with you! We also offer DIY soy-based candles! You can pick from many many fragrances and we will show you how to make your own soy-based wax candle to take home at the end of an event! We also have "add-ons" to make your painting POP! Add glitter, gems, or fairy lights to any painting!
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYOB - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint? [Recommended Ages]
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- Family Day classes are intended for ages 7 and up.
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 10 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 13 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older.
- Cupcakes N Canvas are for children 12 and under.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Everyone needs a paid seat to stay on premises during all classes. Exemptions may be made for kids painting under 6.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- NO REFUNDS are issued once a reservation is made. If you notify the studio more than 24 hours from your reservation date, a full non-expiring studio credit will be issued.
- If you notify the studio 2 hours or less from the class start time, NO REFUND or CREDIT will be issued.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. No refunds will be issued for acts of God or other circumstances beyond our control, including out of state guests. Credits can be transferred to another person or used to buy a Twist at Home kit.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!