Painting with a Twist FAQ
Click to jump:
- Do I need painting experience?
- What do you provide?
- What should I bring?
- Will my painting be wet when I leave?
- How much does a painting class cost?
- Do I need to make a reservation?
- Can you accommodate groups or parties?
- Can I choose the painting for my class?
- Are kids allowed?
- Do you offer refunds?
- What can I do with old paintings I don't want anymore?
- What are you doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Is your studio a corporate franchise?
Do I need painting experience?
Definitely not! Our classes are designed for people with no art experience to discover how fun painting can be. And if you do have art experience, we think you'll have just as much fun as everyone who is new to painting.
What do you provide?
All in-studio and online classes include all of your art supplies (paint, paintbrushes, painting surface, easel, apron, and paper towels) and a live artist instructor. Our in-studio classes also include basic party supplies (cups, plates, corkscrews, bottle openers, ice buckets without ice, and wine chillers).
What should I bring?
You may bring any food or drink, including any kind of alcohol (we are BYOB).
Will my painting be wet when I leave?
Nope! For our normal painting classes, we use fast-drying acrylic paint and hair dryers to help any thick paint dry before you take it home. For our "Paint Pour" classes, your painting will need to dry in our studio for a few days, then we will email or text you with pick up times. Either way, you will take home a completely dry painting.
How much does a painting class cost?
Prices vary based on the duration of the class and your choosen painting surface. For example, 2-hour painting classes on canvas are $37, and 3-hour canvas classes are $45. Prices for other painting surfaces, including wood, start at $40.
Do I need to make a reservation?
We highly recommend making a reservation to ensure we have enough seats available for you and your group. Reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking. To make a reservation, browse our Painting Events page and select a painting on a date that works for you, then pay online. Or call us at (817) 328-8788 to reserve and pay by phone.
Can you accommodate groups or parties?
- If your group has 8 or more people, you may either book a private event or join one of our public classes.
- If your group has less than 8 people, you may join one of the public classes on our Painting Events page. Simply write in your reservation comments who you'd like to sit with and we'll make it happen! You may also be able to choose the painting…
Can I choose the painting for my class?
Yes! While everyone in the class paints the same design, there are two ways you can choose the painting for everyone: 1. Book a private party, where the host gets to decide the painting for their event; or 2. Request a painting by calling us with a date and time that works for you and a few friends. To guarantee your painting request, simply pay for two RSVPs within one day of your painting appearing on our Events page. If your public class painting request sells out, you’ll win a gift certificate for a free future painting class!
Are kids allowed?
Yes, certain ages are allowed in certain classes:
- All of our public classes are open to adults age 18 and older.
- Ages 13 and up are welcome in public classes from Sunday mornings through Fridays at 5 PM.
- Ages 5 and up are welcome in classes marked as “Family Friendly” on our Events page, often held on Saturday mornings.
- Anyone who is not painting, including babies and toddlers, may not attend any class.
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of class.
- Please call if you have any questions about our age policy.
Do you offer refunds?
Yes, depending on the situation:
- If you cancel more than 48 hours before your class, you may opt to receive a refund minus a $5 service fee or a studio credit for the full amount paid.
- If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, you will receive a full store credit.
- No-shows will not receive any refund or credit.
- If we have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, such as extreme weather, then everyone will receive a full store credit.
What can I do with old paintings I don't want anymore?
We'll buy them back from you! The next time you come to paint in our studio, bring up to four of your previously painted Painting with a Twist canvases, and we will give you a $5 gift certificate for each one. That means you can earn up to a $20 gift certificate! Only Painting with a Twist canvases qualify, and they can be from any Painting with a Twist location. Please note you cannot use this gift certificate to pay for a class on the same day you are turning in your canvases. Canvases we buy back will be painted over with white, so they can be reused either as a donation to a local art school or by our artists for their example paintings.
What are you doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
We offer live online Zoom private events and in-studio classes with socially distanced seating, where all your belongings, food and drinks can be kept near your seat. We have reduced our maximum room capacity to allow for this social distancing. We also wash used aprons after each class, provide hand sanitzer throughout our studio, have vaccinated staff, we are requiring face masks be worn unless actively eating or drinking and follow current local COVID regulations.
Is your studio a corporate franchise?
No, we are an independently owned and operated franchise of Painting with a Twist. When you paint with us, you help support a local small business in Grapevine!