Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting or looking for a fun night or afternoon out! In our events we use acrylc paints on canvases or wood boards and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience, and all of them have great success! Our artists are helpful, encouraging, and want you to be happy with your finished art piece!
Do I have to wear a mask?
We no longer require masks or face shields in our events. You may wear a mask if you wish. We will be continuing to disinfect and sanitize all touchable surfaces and supplies (brushes, cups, easels).
What is seating like/capacity?
We are open 100% for private and public events. When possible with smaller events we will seat groups away from each other, but we will not limit our capacity to space groups apart. If you are coming with others, please put their names/group name in the Special Comments section when registering so that we can seat you all together. *We are a participatory event, every person in the studio MUST have a paid reservation, no unpaid observers. Private rooms can be reserved, see our Private Party Information page.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We are now offering Pop In & Paint on Tuesdays - Fridays from 1-5 PM! This is a self guided event where you Pop In between the hours of 12 and 3 PM and you get 2 hours to complete the painting of your choice using typed step by step instructions. We have an artist on hand to help with any questions. **Arrivals after 3 PM may be turned away due to lack of time, so please arrive by 3 PM, as this event promptly ends at 5 PM. You can also create a DIY soy candle during Pop In hours.
For all other days and times, we hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes. We do have DIY Art Kits available in studio and ready for pick up Tuesday - Fridays, and Private Events available 7 days a week, mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage (adult beverages limited to beer and wine or a premix margarita type beverage) and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember, you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! For events titled "Ages 5+" or "Teen Friendly" in the title, alcohol is not allowed.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- All Ages, Ages 5+ classes are intended for ages 5 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 12 and up.
- Evening classes with no age in the title are for adults 18 and older, but guests 15-17 can attend with a paid parent. *Adults will be cutting loose and having a good time. Due to BYOB rules, children younger than 15 are not able to attend these events, no exceptions.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Much like a movie theater, we are a participatory event and every person in the studio MUST have a paid reservation. Observers and non paying guests are NOT allowed in any public or adult private events, all persons present must have a paid seat to be in attendance. The only exception is children's private birthday parties and kids public events.
Where are you located?
- Our address is 100 Tall Pines Ave., Suite 5 - beside That Girl's Boutique and The Bridal Co.
- We are located behind the Longview Mall, across from the AMC theater.
Twist at Home Kits: No Refunds or Store Credits will be given for Twist at Home Kits including Virtual Classes.
Public Classes: Refunds will only be made in the form of store credits. If you cancel 24 hours in advance you can receive store credit for the class which will be sent to you via email as long as we are notified AT LEAST 24 hours in advance to be able to offer your seat to another customer. All no shows will forfeit their payment and option for a store credit.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 24 hours from your reservation date, a studio credit will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from your reservation date, transferrs to a future class are not allowed.
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from the class start time or do not show up to class, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Groups of 5 or more must give 3 days notice to receive a full refund or studio credit.
- Private Parties: Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditons, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our Facebook page for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: Classes start promptly on time. If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive on time for your scheduled class time and we will have a blast!