Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylc paints on 16x20 canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience, and all of them have great success!
Do I have to wear a mask?
Effective March 10th, 2021 the mask mandate is revoked by Governor Abbott, HOWEVER we STRONGLY encourage our guests to stay safe and continue to wear a mask. Your favorite painting instructors will continue to wear their masks for everyone’s safety. We will also be continuing to social distance our public events and seat all groups 6 feet apart, disinfect and sanitize all touchable surfaces and supplies (brushes, cups, easels).
What is seating like/capacity?
Due to COVID-19, we are seating all groups in public events 6 feet apart, and limiting our class sizes. If you are coming with others, please put their names/group name in the Special Comments section when registering so that we can seat you all together. For a limited time we have lowered our private party minimum to 8 people, with a maximum of 30 or 18 guests depending on your group size.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage (adult beverages limited to beer and wine or a premix margarita type beverage) and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember, you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 5 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 12 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older, but guests 15-17 can attend with a paid parent. If an evening class is noted as All Ages or Teen & Up, then our younger artists are welcome to join us for that class! *Unless the class is specifically targeted towards children, please assume that adults will be cutting loose and having a good time.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Observers and non paying guests are only allowed in family friendly and kid's classes for parents. Observers and non paying guests are NOT allowed in adult only, BYOB public classes or adult private events - all persons present must have a paid seat to be in attendance.
Where are you located?
- Our address is 100 Tall Pines Ave., Suite 5 - beside That Girl's Boutique and The Bridal Co.
- We are located behind the Longview Mall, across from the AMC theater.
Twist at Home Kits: No Refunds or Store Credits will be given for Twist at Home Kits including Virtual Classes.
Public Classes: Refunds will only be made in the form of store credits. If you cancel 24 hours in advance you can receive store credit for the class which will be sent to you via email as long as we are notified AT LEAST 24 hours in advance to be able to offer your seat to another customer. All no shows will forfeit their payment and option for a store credit.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events.
- If you notify the studio more than 24 hours from your reservation date, a studio credit will be issued upon request.
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from your reservation date, transferrs to a future class are not allowed.
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from the class start time or do not show up to class, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Groups of 5 or more must give 3 days notice to receive a full refund or studio credit.
- Private Parties: Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditons, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our Facebook page for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: Classes start promptly on time. If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive on time for your scheduled class time and we will have a blast!