Painting with a Twist FAQ
What is Painting with a Twist?
Painting with a Twist is a fun art studio for anyone interested in painting! In our classes we use acrylc paints on 16x20 canvas and teach the class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Most of our guests have no painting experience, and all of them have great success!
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes, MASKS ARE REQUIRED in our studio without exception. Due to current state mandates for COVID-19, every person ages 11 and older MUST wear a mask or face covering in our studio. **Face Shields are Welcome!** Guests may briefly remove masks to eat or drink, but must return them to cover their mouth and nose when not eating or drinking. We are enforcing the mask order for YOUR safety, OTHERS safety, and OUR safety, we love you guys and we want to stay open to have FUN!
What is seating like/capacity?
Due to current state mandates for COVID-19, we are operating at 50% or less occupancy. We are seating all groups at least 6 feet apart, and limiting our class sizes to no more than 50%. If you are coming with others, please put their names/group name in the Special Comments section when registering so that we can seat you all together. For a limited time we have lowered our private party minimum to 8 people, with a maximum of 15.
Can I stop in anytime and paint?
We hold classes at specific times and those are the only times guests can come in and paint. To join a class, please view our calendar, select a painting you like and register online. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food?
Our studio is all BYO - we only serve paint water! Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage (adult beverages limited to beer and wine or a premix margarita type beverage) and some light snacks to enjoy during class! Remember, you are painting most of the time so finger foods are best! Due to COVID-19 we are no longer providing cups for your safety.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting! When you arrive you are supplied with an apron, canvas, brushes, paints and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can my child come with me to paint?
We have specific classes on our calendar for young artists!
- All Ages classes are intended for ages 5 and up.
- Teen & Up classes are intended for ages 12 and up.
- Evening classes are for adults 18 and older, but guests 15-17 can attend with a paid parent. If an evening class is noted as All Ages or Teen & Up, then our younger artists are welcome to join us for that class! *Unless the class is specifically targeted towards children, please assume that adults will be cutting loose and having a good time. Please be aware that your children may overhear adult conversation.
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
Observers and non paying guests are only allowed in family friendly and kid's classes for parents, and in private parties. Observers and non paying guests are NOT allowed in adult only, BYOB public classes - all persons present must have a paid seat to be in attendance.
Where are you located?
- Our address is 100 Tall Pines Ave., Suite 5 - beside That Girl's Boutique and Trendy Chicks
- We are located behind the Longview Mall, across from the AMC theater.
Please note our policy to cancel applies to individuals in all public and private events. We understand that the current health and safety of the public may require last minute cancellations for in-studio experiences. Please note, no persons may enter the studio if they feel ill, have a fever, or have been in contact with those known to have COVID-19.
To receive a refund, we kindly ask for a 48 hour+ notice of cancellation. *All refunds are subject to a $5 administration fee.*
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from your reservation date, transferrs to a future class are not allowed.
- If you notify the studio 24 hours or less from the class start time or do not show up to class, no refund or credit will be issued.
- Groups of 5 or more must give 3 days notice to receive a full refund or studio credit.
- If you sign up for an event less than 24 hours in advance, no cancellations, refunds or transfers are available.
- Private Event Hosts follow the cancellation policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- *All refunds are subject to a $5 administration fee.*
- Bad Weather: Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on, otherwise our cancellation policy is as stated above. In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditons, studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. Please see our website for updates in a case of questionable weather.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive 15 minutes or more late you may not be allowed to paint and lose the registration fee. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled class time and we will have a blast!