Painting with a Twist FAQ
You have Questions? We have Answers!
What is Painting with a Twist?
- Painting with a Twist is a fun art, not fine art, studio for anyone interested in painting! We use acrylic paints and lead the class, step-by-step, through a specific painting. Most of our guests have no painting experience, but all of them have fun and great success.
How does Painting with a Twist work?
- We have an online Event Calendar that shows both Public and Private Events.
- Classes marked “Private” are events where groups have reserved our studio in advance and are passcode protected. These are closed to the public.
- Classes marked “Public” are open to the public. Please note the age restrictions in the class description. The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught during that session.
- You can come to a public class alone, with one friend, or with as many friends as we have seats for. Please choose one person from your group and have everyone mention that person in the “Sitting with anyone else?” box when they register, and we will do our best to seat your group together.
- SUMMARY: View the Event Calendar, find a painting that you like on a day and at a time that works for you, register online, and arrive for class no less than 15 minutes prior to class to prepare for a relaxing and fun art session!
Can my friends (or children) come to watch without painting?
- Everyone needs to have a paid reservation to stay on premises during our classes. (NO INFANTS PLEASE!)
Do I need to reserve the private studio if I have a big group?
- You can book a private party if you choose, but you don't have to! Large groups can paint in our public classes, or you can find our private party information here.
Are we allowed to bring in food and beverages?
- YES! That’s the TWIST. Feel free to bring in your favorite beverage and some snacks to enjoy during class. Remember, you are painting most of the time, so finger foods are best. We supply cups, plates, napkins, and bottle openers, but you’ll need to bring ice and utensils.
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
- Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting, including an apron to cover your clothes. When class is over, your artwork is ready to take home and hang! The only thing you may want to bring are some refreshments.
Can children paint?
- We love our young artists and have specific classes designated just for them, such as ALL AGES and TEENS & UP. Please see each class description for age requirements. Only those meeting the age requirement will be allowed to participate in that class!
Do you offer Corporate and/or Offsite events?
- We do! Please contact the studio to discuss your wants and needs in detail. We look forward to discussing the different ways we can provide you with a unique experience for all to remember!
Do you have Gift Certificates?
- We have universal gift cards that can be purchased online. Gift certificates may not be used for our “Painting with a Purpose” events/fundraisers, nor some other special events.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Please note our cancellation policy applies to all individuals in public or private events. It does NOT apply to "Twist at Home" kits, any NON-REFUNDABLE deposit (Have 5? / VIP / private party), or any fundraiser where ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- A refund will be given for individuals canceling with more than 48 hours notice.
- Guests canceling with a 24-48 hours notice will be issued a store credit.
- Guests cancelling with less than 24 hours notice and "no shows" WILL NOT receive a store credit or a refund.
- NOTE: Guests arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be permitted to paint and are considered a "no show" and not eligible for a refund/store credit.
What if there is bad weather?
- Classes may be cancelled if a weather emergency is declared, or if we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel. In the RARE case of a class cancelling due to poor weather, a studio credit will be issued to all registered guests. If the studio is open and classes are running, we hope to see all painters present, as credits will NOT be issued.
When should I arrive to class?
- Please arrive to class no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Guests arriving 15 minutes (or more) late may not be allowed to paint, and they forfeit the registration fee. Be considerate of your classmates… arrive on time!