Why book a Painting Party?
It’s Fun Art, Not Fine Art!
Painting with a Twist is the most fun party idea in Shelby Township— you get to BYOWine and paint! You can bring any kind of non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. [Find out for yourself why we were voted “Top Paint and Sip” by Franchise 500!
No Experience Needed
No artistic skill or painting experience are needed. Our artist will guide everyone to paint the same image, so each of your guests will get to take home their own completed work of art. It’s a built-in party favor!
No Extra Costs
There are absolutely no extra costs for hosting a private party. Everyone pays the same price as our public classes, and there are no hidden party fees. The host may opt to pay for multiple attendees, or attendees may pay for themselves online through your party's web page.
You Get to Pick the Painting
When you host a party, you get to pick the painting from our library of over 9,000 exclusive artworks! Everyone will paint the image you select.
No Mess, No Stress
Hosting a party with us is fun for everyone, including the host! We provide an artist instructor, painting materials, aprons, basic party supplies for serving your food and drinks, including: cups, plates, paper towels, corkscrews, bottle openers, ice buckets, and ice to chill bottles (we cannot legally provide ice for consumption); and a dedicated party management web page with customizable invitations you can print or email. Our doors open 30 minutes prior to your party time, so you may set up, socialize, and open gifts. We take care of the cleanup!
Fun for All Ages & Abilities
There aren’t many activities that children, teens, adults, and senior citizens all have the same amount of fun doing together, but we’ve seen it happen over and over in our painting classes. We can host parties for ages [#]–infinity. (We apologize no babies or toddlers are permitted in our studio at any time.) Painting can also be fun and therapeutic for disabled people; even blind people can have fun painting! (Please call to confirm that we can accommodate your specific disabilities.)
Party Whenever You Want
We can usually party whenever you want to, including mornings, afternoons, and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Use our Request Party form to find out if your desired times are available.
WHAT TYPES OF PARTIES CAN YOU HOST?
If you can invent a reason to party, then we can probably host it! A paint and drink wine party is a fun company team building activity, [adult birthday party OR birthday party for adults or kids], bachelorette party idea, family reunion activity, church group activity, scout activity, graduation party, Meetup group activity idea, holiday party, divorce party, going away party, or any other occasion when you want to have a fun time with a big group of people! Your only limitation is that we cannot allow full-scale redecoration of the room, glitter, confetti, or X-rated decorations.
Best Corporate Event Idea in Shelby Twp.
The Most Fun & Creative Kid Parties
We can help you host a creative party for your child's birthday, scout troop, sports team, church group, or class. Kids love painting here, and parents love not having to clean it up!
We Host a painting party in your office or event space! We'll bring all the painting supplies, table coverings for easy clean-up and instructors. You just need to provide a space with good lighting, tables, chairs, a water source and if desired, a plastic floor covering. A minimum of 20 painters is required. Our regular per-person painting prices apply. No additional fees if location is within 20 miles of our studio. A $100 location fee will be applied for locations further than 20 miles (each direction). Please call us at 586-247-7928 for complete details and a price quote.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PARTY
1. Check your party size: We can host parties from 10–54 people. We have three party rooms, where the maximum capacity in the main room is 54 people, Studio B is 36, and Studio C is 26. All private parties have a 10-person minimum cost. If the minimum number of people do not pay, then the party host is responsible for paying the difference to meet the minimum party cost.
- If you aren't sure if you can meet the minimum number of people, then we recommend inviting your group to join any public class on our Calendar. The massive benefits of this are described in the next point…
- Parties of a 6 or more size can opt to book a High-5 event, leave their class open to the public, in which case you pay for 5 or more seats up front, choose the date, time, and painting (guidelines will apply). Plus:
- If the host’s painting choice sells out a public class, then the host will receive a gift certificate for a free class!
- We can seat your group together if everyone puts the host’s name in their online reservation form.
- The more, the merrier! Parties are usually more fun when there are more people in the room, even if you don't personally know everyone.
2. Request a date and time: Private parties may be scheduled during mornings, afternoons, or evenings on any day of the week up to 6 months in advance. To see if your date and time is available, please complete our online Request Party form.
3. Pay the deposit and sign our party contract: A nonrefundable deposit and signed party contract are required to reserve your party time. The deposit amount is equivalent to the cost of 2 people’s seats and is based on the price of the painting you select: 2-hour paintings start at $37 per person, 3-hour and specialty paintings start at $47 per person. Specialty paintings cost other amounts that will be quoted upon request. Your nonrefundable deposit will be applied to the first 2 people’s seats. Youth parties are intended for ages 7 -12 and the art is from our Youth Gallery. The price for Youth Events start at $27 each. 50% of the painters in a youth event must be between the intended ages. Failure to comply may incur additional fees.
4. Pick your painting: After we receive your deposit and contract, we will email you a party management web link to pick your painting from our exclusive library.
5. Invite guests: From your party management page, you can customize invitations for print or email. Please tell guests to arrive 15–30 minutes before your scheduled party time to get set up, pour drinks, and socialize. We call this your Happy Half Hour!
Terms & Conditions
- All party deposits are non-refundable, which means once you pay your deposit, there are NO scenarios in which it will be refunded.
- 14 days before your scheduled party time is the cutoff for what happens if you decide to keep your party private, cancel it, or turn it into a public class.
- If you realize you may not meet your minimum attendance, you may request to turn your private party into a public class. The sooner you go public, the better your chances are of not having to pay a minimum party fee:
- If you request to go public at least 14 days prior to your scheduled party time, then your minimum party cost will be completely waived.
- If you request to go public within 13 or less days prior to your scheduled party time, then your minimum is still in effect, but the public's attendance will count towards reducing your minimum party fee.
- If you cancel within 13 or less days prior to your scheduled party time, then your deposit will be forfeited and you will be charged a cancellation fee in the amount necessary to make up the balance of your minimum party fee.
- For example: If your party minimum was 10 people multiplied by a $37 painting, then you had a $370 minimum party cost. From that $370, subtract your deposit amount to get your cancellation fee amount. (If other people paid for reservations through your party web page, they will be refunded.)
- If you cancel at least 14 days prior to your scheduled party time, then you only forfeit your deposit amount.
Please see our FAQ page for more information.
We are an independently owned and operated local business, so when you party with us, you help support Shelby Township!