Painting with a Twist is the most fun party idea in Shelby Township— you get to BYOWine and paint! You can bring any kind of non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. [Find out for yourself why we were voted “Top Paint and Sip” by Franchise 500!
No artistic skill or painting experience are needed. Our artist will guide everyone to paint the same image, so each of your guests will get to take home their own completed work of art. It’s a built-in party favor!
There are absolutely no extra costs for hosting a private party. Everyone pays the same price as our public classes, and there are no hidden party fees. The host may opt to pay for multiple attendees, or attendees may pay for themselves online through your party's web page.
When you host a party, you get to pick the painting from our library of over 9,000 exclusive artworks! Everyone will paint the image you select.
Hosting a party with us is fun for everyone, including the host! We provide an artist instructor, painting materials, aprons, basic party supplies for serving your food and drinks, including: cups, plates, paper towels, corkscrews, bottle openers, ice buckets, and ice to chill bottles (we cannot legally provide ice for consumption); and a dedicated party management web page with customizable invitations you can print or email. Our doors open 30 minutes prior to your party time, so you may set up, socialize, and open gifts. We take care of the cleanup!
There aren’t many activities that children, teens, adults, and senior citizens all have the same amount of fun doing together, but we’ve seen it happen over and over in our painting classes. We can host parties for ages [#]–infinity. (We apologize no babies or toddlers are permitted in our studio at any time.) Painting can also be fun and therapeutic for disabled people; even blind people can have fun painting! (Please call to confirm that we can accommodate your specific disabilities.)
We can usually party whenever you want to, including mornings, afternoons, and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Use our Request Party form to find out if your desired times are available.
If you can invent a reason to party, then we can probably host it! A paint and drink wine party is a fun company team building activity, [adult birthday party OR birthday party for adults or kids], bachelorette party idea, family reunion activity, church group activity, scout activity, graduation party, Meetup group activity idea, holiday party, divorce party, going away party, or any other occasion when you want to have a fun time with a big group of people! Your only limitation is that we cannot allow full-scale redecoration of the room, glitter, confetti, or X-rated decorations.
We can help you host a creative party for your child's birthday, scout troop, sports team, church group, or class. Kids love painting here, and parents love not having to clean it up!
We Host a painting party in your office or event space! We'll bring all the painting supplies, table coverings for easy clean-up and instructors. You just need to provide a space with good lighting, tables, chairs, a water source and if desired, a plastic floor covering. A minimum of 20 painters is required. Our regular per-person painting prices apply. No additional fees if location is within 20 miles of our studio. A $100 location fee will be applied for locations further than 20 miles (each direction). Please call us at 586-247-7928 for complete details and a price quote.
1. Check your party size: We can host parties from 10–54 people. We have three party rooms, where the maximum capacity in the main room is 54 people, Studio B is 36, and Studio C is 26. All private parties have a 10-person minimum cost. If the minimum number of people do not pay, then the party host is responsible for paying the difference to meet the minimum party cost.
2. Request a date and time: Private parties may be scheduled during mornings, afternoons, or evenings on any day of the week up to 6 months in advance. To see if your date and time is available, please complete our online Request Party form.
3. Pay the deposit and sign our party contract: A nonrefundable deposit and signed party contract are required to reserve your party time. The deposit amount is equivalent to the cost of 2 people’s seats and is based on the price of the painting you select: 2-hour paintings start at $37 per person, 3-hour and specialty paintings start at $47 per person. Specialty paintings cost other amounts that will be quoted upon request. Your nonrefundable deposit will be applied to the first 2 people’s seats. Youth parties are intended for ages 7 -12 and the art is from our Youth Gallery. The price for Youth Events start at $27 each. 50% of the painters in a youth event must be between the intended ages. Failure to comply may incur additional fees.
4. Pick your painting: After we receive your deposit and contract, we will email you a party management web link to pick your painting from our exclusive library.
5. Invite guests: From your party management page, you can customize invitations for print or email. Please tell guests to arrive 15–30 minutes before your scheduled party time to get set up, pour drinks, and socialize. We call this your Happy Half Hour!
Please see our FAQ page for more information.
We are an independently owned and operated local business, so when you party with us, you help support Shelby Township!
We have a Michigan Liquor License which allows us to sell beer and wine, the law states that no alcohol may be brought onto the premises with the exception of full sized, sealed cork-able bottles of wine by a licensed producer.
18+ may attend any class. 15–17 may attend except on weekend evenings. 7+ may attend Family Friendly