December 20th is National Sangria Day and we have a classic recipe to lift your holiday spirit. Christmas is a wonderful time of year to gather with the ones you love to share stories, eat fabulous food, and clink wine glasses together for a toast around the fire. Recipes are kept sacred and treasured this time of year. Everyone has a favorite – buttery sugar cookies, savory cheese straws, intricate casseroles, the list goes on and on. We look forward to these tasty treats all year so why not pair them with cocktail that tastes as inspiring as it looks. Introducing, Holiday Cheer Sangria.
In celebration of National Sangria Day, we are sharing our favorite version of Holiday Cheer Sangria with you. This white wine version is fresh and crisp, just like the weather. For those who favor spicy reds, substitute with your favorite cabernet and garnish with a cinnamon stick for a wintry cocktail that’ll warm your heart. For a tarter take, use a beautifully pink hued White Zinfandel with a few orange slices as a garnish for a jammy and sweet Sangria.
- Ice Cubes
- 2 Bottles of White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 1/2 Cup Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Cranberries
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Diced Apples (Red Delicious and Granny Smith)
- 10 Sprigs of Rosemary
- To make simple syrup, bring equal parts water and refined sugar to a boil. Stir frequently. Let cool before using.
- Fill large serving bowl with ice.
- Add white wine, brandy, and simple syrup. Mix well.
- Dice apples into small pieces and add to serving bowl.
- Slice lemons and add.
- Wash cranberries well and add.
- Scoop out 1 cup worth for your guests and garnish with a sprig of Rosemary.