Every year, celebrating Valentine’s Day leads to all kinds of cliché date nights and gift ideas that don’t adequately convey how much we care — or demonstrate how well we know our partner for that matter. But it doesn’t have to be this way!
Explore love languages for couples, how these can relate to your Zodiac signs, and some personalized Valentine’s Day gifts your sweetheart is sure to enjoy!
What Are Love Languages?
Dr. Gary Chapman popularized the subject of love languages in his 1992 release, ‘The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts.’ In his book, Dr. Chapman outlines the five general ways romantic partners express and experience love. These include:
Words of affirmation: When words of affirmation is your love language, you thrive on verbal praise, affection, encouragement, and compliments; words lift you up!
Quality time: If you value quality time, you like for your partner to be truly present. This undivided attention makes you feel important and secure in the relationship.
Physical touch: Hugs, kisses, holding hands, and other touches are the preferred way to show and receive love, as this is how people that value physical touch experience warmth and safety.
Acts of service: Anything your partner willingly does to ease your workload is a sign of love, from taking out the trash to making you breakfast before a big meeting at work.
Gift-giving: A thoughtful gift shows that you’re seen and cared for by your significant other. Gift-giving could be as simple as coming home to your favorite snack after a tough day.
People typically have a combination of love languages that help us feel loved and describe how we offer love in return. We often give love to others in the same way we like to receive it, so looking at how we share love with our partner could be a strong indication of what our own love language is.
Love Languages and Zodiac Signs
Since you’re now a bit more familiar with the concept of love languages, it’s time to look into how these relate to Zodiac signs. Learning about your partner’s astrological charts and the ways they receive love can offer great insight into who they are and help you form deeper bonds with them every day!
If you’re unsure of how to show your partner you love them, check out this list of love languages and their corresponding Zodiac signs!
Words of affirmation: Aries and Leo
Both Aries and Leo benefit from words of appreciation and encouragement to know they’re on the right track. Verbal affirmations relating to their creativity, joy, and purpose can go a long way in helping your partner feel seen and supported.
Quality time: Gemini, Pisces, and Sagittarius
Gemini, Pisces, and Sagittarius all love spending time with the people they’re closest to and being on the receiving end of someone’s full attention. Sharing an honest, authentic conversation with them is a great way to build trust and intimacy.
Physical touch: Scorpio and Taurus
Scorpio and Taurus feed off of affectionate touches like hugging, cuddling, and holding hands. Physical touch translates to love for these two, so by offering a welcome touch to your partner, you’re sure to facilitate a strong, long-lasting connection.
Acts of service: Aquarius, Cancer, and Virgo
One of the best ways to show love to an Aquarius, Cancer, and Virgo is to pitch in on chores or tasks without being asked. Acts of service don’t need to be grand gestures, but can be a simple reminder that someone else is looking out for them.
Gift-giving: Capricorn and Libra
When you’re looking for ways to love on a Capricorn and Libra, gift-giving is typically the way to go. To these signs, a gift says something words cannot, and can bring with it a genuine, emotional attachment to their partner and the relationship as a whole.
Personalized Valentine’s Day gift ideas
Now that you know how to show more love to your sweetie, it’s time to decide on a personalized Valentine’s Day gift that’ll both surprise and delight them!
These ideas are based on your partner’s Zodiac sign and corresponding love language, so they should be a great match for their specific interests — and help you avoid all those cliché gifts they’ve likely been given before.
Gifts for Aries and Leo
- Buy a fun balloon bouquet featuring an uplifting message.
- Make an elaborate homemade card detailing how much they mean to you.
- Write an original love poem they can hang onto or revisit.
- Create a video montage with messages from their friends and family.
- Sign up for a virtual painting event and spur on their creative side.
Gifts for Gemini, Pisces, and Sagittarius
- Take them on a scenic drive with a special playlist you curated.
- Go stargazing on a clear night and try to spot shooting stars.
- Venture to a local lookout point and enjoy a picnic at sunset.
- Spend the evening painting together with an at-home painting kit.
- Use conversation cards to facilitate a heart-to-heart chat.
Gifts for Scorpio and Taurus
- Purchase a gift certificate they can spend on spa services.
- Give them a foot, neck, or back massage of your own.
- Build a basket full of bathtime essentials, like soaps and soaks.
- Splurge on a weighted blanket that’ll feel like a warm hug.
- Gift soft clothing items, like socks, slippers, or lounge wear.
Gifts for Aquarius, Cancer, and Virgo
- Cook their favorite dinner and do the cleaning up afterwards.
- Do all of the household chores and errands for the entire week.
- Complete whatever’s on their to-do list so they can relax.
- Treat them to a stress-free date night to spark their creative energy.
- Buy a nice bottle of wine they can sip on after a hard day.
Gifts for Capricorn and Libra
- Appeal to their sense of smell with a lovely candle or perfume.
- Give them a fun night out with a painting gift card.
- Help them stay organized with a planner or desktop calendar.
- Purchase a magazine subscription they can use all year.
- Add some green to their aesthetic with a low-maintenance plant.
Embrace Love at Painting with a Twist
Are you eager to incorporate some new ways to show love to your partner this Valentine’s Day? Join a Painting with a Twist date night at your local studio, or partake in a fun, virtual date night painting party right from home! No matter what they’re love language or zodiac sign is, you’re both sure to enjoy a fun paint and sip date night full of bonding, laughter, and fun.