Have you ever taken a road trip across the country? What about running in a 5K race or riding in a hot air balloon? Why not make this the summer you finally do some of the things you’ve always wanted to try? Whether you’re creating a bucket list for yourself, for you and your S.O., a bestie, or your children, these activities are sure to give you a summer to remember.
Summer Bucket Lists Ideas for Just About Everyone
The sun-filled, warm-breeze days of summer are making their return, which means you’ll likely be looking for fresh ideas on how to spend your time. Fortunately, there are tons of great activities you can dive into on your own — or with your loved ones. Read through our fun summer bucket list ideas for some major inspiration, and then get to planning your next outing!
10 Solo Summer Bucket List Ideas
There’s nothing better than making time for yourself and exploring at your own pace. From doing random acts of kindness in your community to baking your very own fruit pie from scratch, this solo summer bucket list is sure to leave you satisfied with your accomplishments long after the summer sun has set.
- Grow an herb or vegetable garden
- Play tourist in your home city
- Spend a full 24-hours without electronics
- Train and run in a themed 5K race
- Read a New York Times bestseller
- Get that tattoo you’ve always wanted
- Pick wildflowers and make a bouquet
- Pamper yourself with an at-home staycation
- Visit friends you haven’t seen in a while
- Start a daily gratitude journal
10 Best Friend Summer Bucket List Ideas
Summer isn’t quite complete until you’ve done a few crazy things and made lasting memories with your girl crew. Bask in the summer sun, pick fresh berries at a U-pick farm, and make this summer season one for the books with these best friend bucket list ideas!
- Road trip to a neighboring state
- Take part in a beer or wine tasting
- Have a spa day complete with mani-pedis
- Go for a boat ride and enjoy a day on the lake
- Attend a Painting with a Twist Late Night event
- Experiment with new cocktail recipes
- Tackle a karaoke duet with a live audience
- Tube down a nearby river
- Eat dinner at a rooftop restaurant
- Watch a summer meteor shower
10 Summer Bucket List Ideas for Couples
Keep the spark alive with your boo or beau this summer by making this a bucket list challenge! Get rid of mundane movie nights, and instead come up with some cool activities that’ll return vigor to your relationship. Add other ideas to this list, such as learning how to cook homemade pasta or going to a drive-in, and make this a summer you’ll never forget.
- Try a cuisine you’ve never had
- Snag tickets to an outdoor concert or play
- Plan a picnic lunch at a local park
- Go for a ride in a hot air balloon
- Make dinner with your farmer’s market finds
- Watch the sunset or go stargazing on a clear night
- Hike a new trail and explore the great outdoors
- Go camping (or glamping) in a remote location
- Take a tandem bike ride around the city
- Take a scenic drive with no destination in mind
10 Summer Bucket List Ideas for Kids
Let’s face it, kids grow up entirely too fast. And that’s why it’s important to make their summer special too! Help create lasting childhood memories for your kiddos this year with this summer bucket list for kids.
- Spend the day at an amusement park
- Play water games in the backyard
- Create tie-dye T-shirts or accessories
- Go to an evening game at the ballpark
- Make s’mores over a bonfire
- Fly a kite at a neighborhood park
- Dance in the rain or go puddle jumping
- Decorate the driveway with chalk
- Catch fireflies in a mason jar
- Organize a family game night
Spring into Summer at Painting with a Twist
Are you looking for artsy activities to add to your summer to-do list? If so, bring your girl crew or partner to a Painting with a Twist Late Night event at a studio near you! Our team at Painting with a Twist will provide all the necessary supplies and create an inviting atmosphere. All you have to do is show up and have some fun. Find your nearest Painting with a Twist studio, and get ready to spend your summer creating something unique and memorable!