Just for Us: 5 Ways to Plan a Valentine’s Date as Unique as You
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to think about how to make your sweetheart feel extra loved. Instead of booking dinner at your favorite restaurant (again), you might be brainstorming unique date ideas for Valentine’s Day. After all, there’s no better way to connect with your person this Valentine’s Day than to plan a date that feels tailor-made to your relationship!
How to Plan a Unique Valentine’s Date
To plan a date that will really sweep your partner off their feet, spend a bit of time pre-planning. After all, the best-laid plans require a bit of forethought. Walk through the following steps to plan a Valentine’s date your partner will never forget!
1. Think About Your Partner’s Love Language
According to Dr. Gary Chapman’s popular book, “The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts,” there are unique ways people express and receive love. Knowing how your partner receives love can help you get creative when planning the perfect Valentine’s date!
If you’re not quite sure what your partner’s love language is, take the opportunity to get to know your partner better. Ask them to take an online quiz or use their zodiac sign to determine what their love language may be. Once you have a grasp on how your sweetheart receives love, you’ll be better equipped to plan a date that makes them feel seen.
2. Consider When Your Date Should Take Place
Optimizing the time of day for your date can maximize your partner’s energy and ensure they’re having a memorable time. Is your partner a night owl or an early bird? If your sweetheart wakes up at the crack of dawn, a late night dinner date may lull them to sleep. Instead, a Valentine’s day date may be better suited for their energy.
Fun Ideas for Valentine’s Day Dates
- Ride rollercoasters at a nearby amusement park.
- Go horseback riding at a local equestrian center.
- Schedule a daytime wine tasting (or cheese tasting or coffee tasting or [insert your-partner’s-unique-interest]) tour.
- Pop in and paint a canvas together at your local paint and sip studio.
Alternatively, if your partner is a night owl, they may prefer a late-night escapade. In that case, explore date night ideas that start in the evening.
Unique Valentine’s Date Night Ideas
- Sign up for a couples paint night and co-create a beautiful work of art!
- Plan a progressive dinner, starting with appetizers at one restaurant, the main course at the next, and dinner at a final stop.
- Roast marshmallows around a fire pit and make s’mores.
3. Decide Whether to Stay In or Out
Another deciding factor when planning an original Valentine’s date: is your partner a homebody? If so, there are several creative ways to plan an at-home date night that’s full of memories. Just some words to the wise: an at-home date night may require you to purchase materials ahead of time. Give yourself plenty of time to plan a memorable evening in!
At-Home Valentine’s Date Ideas
- Plan an at-home spa night, complete with face masks and massages!
- Paint a masterpiece together with an at-home paint kit.
- Rent your loved one’s favorite movie series and host a movie marathon on the couch.
- For board game enthusiasts, plan a two-player game night in.
4. Consider Their Personal Interests
Is your significant other an athlete? A movie buff? An art collector? Tap into their personal passions and craft a unique Valentine’s date with their personal interest as the theme. Not only will this make your boo feel loved, it guarantees they’ll have a great time during your date.
Creative Valentine’s Dates
- Challenge your athletic partner to rock climb in a local climbing studio.
- Take your art history buff to a nearby paint studio to create their own work of art.
- Sign you and your foodie significant other up for a cooking class.
- Take your goofball to a local comedy or improv show.
5. Sprinkle in Special Moments
No matter how you decide to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, go the extra mile and add a few personal touches to make your date feel extra special. Consider the following ways to sprinkle in personal touches leading up to and during your Valentine’s Date.
- Give a small gift that represents a special memory, a significant place, or an inside joke.
- Write a heartfelt message — in a card, in the book jacket of a favorite novel, on a giant posterboard… share your words in a way that feels personal to your loved one.
- Come to your date extra prepared with a bag of your partner’s favorite snacks.
- Make a playlist of your significant other’s favorite songs or songs that remind you of them. Play this playlist during your date.
- Send thoughtful texts leading up to your date.
Paint With Your Partner This Valentine’s Day
Whether you decide to stay in or go out this Valentine’s Day, consider painting with your significant other. It’s scientifically proven that creating art together triggers your brain to release oxytocin, also known as the “love” hormone.
Luckily, Painting with a Twist offers options to book an in-studio paint date night paint for those who want to sip wine and paint in a group setting. Alternatively, if you’re craving some one-on-one time with your partner, Painting with a Twist also offers Twist at Home Paint Kits, an all-in-one kit that allows you to create art in the comfort of your own home. Simply order a kit and pick it up at your nearest Painting with a Twist studio.
No matter where you decide to paint on your canvas, you’re sure to have a memorable time with your loved one. Make something special together this Valentine’s Day at your nearest Painting with a Twist.